Video Card Question

a ounce a day

Baseband Member
Is there any way that you can hook up your computer to your tv. Other than using a super video cable or having a lcd tv. Is there any video card that you can buy that lets you hook up your computer to your tv with regular jacks or a cable or something like that?

Specify "regular jacks' I mean svideo is pretty regular today...

As for cable, you could buy an RF converter and connect it though the cable.

Well...

Vid cards that I have used have a tv out.
MadDog multimedia MX4000 for $69.00usd. Has digital out for lcd monitors as well as vga. Also has an s-video out for tv. S-video only carries the picture info. You have to get the sound from the sound car. Also some tv's don't have s-video but do have rca phono style jacks instead. You can score an adaptor for this to convert s-video to rca. About 5 dollars.

O regular jacks i ment red yellow n white jacks. I have tried s-video cable but it is not that clear. And when i use word documents n go on the internet i cant c anything even when i adjust the screen settings

U have to enable sharper text thingy to make the words bolder!!! I dont think theirs anyother way to connect it, unless u have hdtv and a hdtv capable card!!

OK, I thought you might of meant that but wasn't sure... RCA(what you're talking about) is actually one of the lowest qualities of input you can use!

As ardy89 said, play with the sharpness and other settings on youre computer. IT's never going to be too clear because of the resolution differences. The computer has to cut the res down a good bit to make it work on the TV at all... The lower the res is on your computer, the better it'll look on the TV.

O okay so i can use the s-video cable n get a new sound card with audio output n hook that up n play with the sharpness then it should be allright right? So what happens if i play with the sharpness and stuff n it is still crapy could it be because of my old video card because i have a stock dell computer. So what video and sound card would u guys recommend nothing over $150. Because what i m really trying to do is use my tv as a monitor to play computer games n stuff.

u dont need a sound crad, if ur comp has a green sound output on the back just plug that into ur pc!!

well isnt that 4 computer speakers. i wanted to have a sound card with the audio output so i could hook the sound up to my stereo

Hey thanks my s-video on tv looks much better now thanks to the person who said about sharpness. does anybody kno if the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 is a good gaming video card

Back
Top Bottom