Hi guys, my computer has a problem.

eh eh eh

Beta member
Hi, my computer has the unmountable boot volume error. I did search for it, but the topic I found did not answer my question. Or, I should say, it did not solve my problem. ^_^. When I start, and it goes through all the things and gets to the XP screen, after that, it goes right to the error screen. I've done the repair thing the sites I have been to said to. Chkdsk, and fixboot. I've also reinstalled XP, deleated the partation and retried. I've even used a different XP CD, to no avail. I read that if none of the things I've tried work, I may need a new harddrive. Now, I'm cool with buying a new one, because I have the money, I just rather do everything I can possibly try to avoid the purchase of a new drive.

If this is needed, my pcs specs are:

Abit kv8 mother board
512 x2 duel channel ram
6800gt
AMD 3200+
And the harddrive is a seagate 120 gb.

Thanks guys, and if there IS another topic I may have not seen, I'm really sorry. Thanks.

~Danny

Well just get a new hard drive. If you have joined jst to post this just go on another forum!!!#

Only joking!!!
Congrats on joining mate

hehe i hav a m8 that loves to say that. pretty funny though. eh eh ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, though I hope you can change your name once the hype dies off from the program. I've not seen it on tv in ages!

Do what Stephen 11 says :p

ive got the habit to say it too atm

eh eh ehhhhhhhh will feature at the bottom of all my posts until i get bored or forced out of it

eh eh ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

could try downloading fdisk from sumwhere and then i think the command line goes: fdisk.exe /MBR

this will fix any errors in your MBR (this may undo all your partitions so be careful)

Steven11 said:
Well just get a new hard drive. If you have joined jst to post this just go on another forum!!!#

Only joking!!!
Congrats on joining mate

That was rude dude...

Back
Top Bottom