DAMn WINDOWS

mr.monger

BSOD
Windows

windows ****** up again. whenever i boot up it says " win 2k" and "win(default)"
i wanna get rid of the default. heres a copy of boot.ini:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

Win(default) should not be there! i ****** hate windows. someone please help, since it should be quite simple.

I assume its the way you have the default one set up.

You'll find that the default one is what boots if you don't press anything in 30 seconds if you have more than one operating system. Since you don't have more than one, theres no point this coming up.

rdisc on the operating systems one is set to 0 yet on the default its set to 1. Switch the Default one to 0 on rdisc and it'll work :)

Fixed version:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

Hope this helps

woohoo thx Kage it worked. now my dad can stop bein pissed at me (he thinks i broke his computer b/c of the boot thing)

Kage said:
I assume its the way you have the default one set up.

You'll find that the default one is what boots if you don't press anything in 30 seconds if you have more than one operating system. Since you don't have more than one, theres no point this coming up.

rdisc on the operating systems one is set to 0 yet on the default its set to 1. Switch the Default one to 0 on rdisc and it'll work :)

Fixed version:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]

Hope this helps

Good post!!!!!!!!!! I did this too while troubleshooting a co-worker's PC and didn't know what to do at first. I just happen to find the same problem with someone in this forum and it worked as well. Just told him over the phone on configuring boot.ini, yeah.

i want linux but i play games. cant live w/o me games. i could dualboot tho but i dont really feel like taking the time to get linux.

Back
Top Bottom