XP2000 @ 1875MHz?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Hey people, just a questions for the overclockers out there...

I updated my BIOS today, and got a new option where I could raise my bus speed on my Desknote. I figured what the heck and bumped it up to 150/300MHz, and it worked fine. I left it going for about 30 minutes using it off and on with no problems. In the end I went back down to normal speeds for safty reasons... But how safe is it to run at this speed? Will anything get harmed?

The temps stayed around 120-130(normal for this machine) SISandra showed a decent increase(over XP2200 speeds). Should I leave it like this? Or should I just keep it at a normal clock untill I really need the extra power?

Just wondering! One of my first times overclocking and I'd rather not mess thing thing up.

In my way of thinking--if the temps are still within normal parameters and doesn't reach too high and also doesn't crash on you, then you made a safe and successful overclock. I would let it stay at the overclock rate from now on.

I might bump it back up later and see how it does, maybe do some rendering and try to tell a difference...

Oh yes :D
ProcData3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom