HD Noises.

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Ok I have a couple..

Noise 1...Sounds more less like a "Klunk" Very rare, but it's there.

Noise 2...When I have the computer "Work" if you will, load up, it sounds like the drive is "bogging down", and it makes a very distinct, rough, vibrating noise...

Im clueless.

AmericanSensei

I'd try to back up everything just to be on the safe side... If you're mobo has SMART, enable that. See what brand drive you have and check out the software by the manufacturer. Sometimes they have things that can detect failures...

Don't know if this is worth mentiong but my mp3 player started out wiv a clunk noise i think.

When its finished loading into memory, it'll stop whirring and you'll hear a click. I've just thought it's the drive head going back because mp3 hard drives arent spinning all the time. i hope its nothing worse.

I'd def do a backup anyway

I wonder if the clunk on yours could be the head changing platter positions, because a 100gb drive might have 2 platters holding data. Just a thought

okay... somethings def wrong with that one... no joke when i say to backup yours :p

99nasha said:
mine sounds like a lawnmower. If you hit it, is shuts up

HAHAHA...Aww man, the good ol days. This brought back some memories. Me and my buddy always went out on his boat, and the thing was a piece of crap to be honest with you, He had it named "Chump Change". Anyways, One day we were out at sea quite a distance, and the damn boat wouldn't start, so I pull out a hammer and commence to beating on the motor, what do you know, the boat starts. Friend looks at me and says..." Hey Carl, Maybe I should always have a hammer on board, eh. I laughed and nodded.

It's just funny because I don't know how many times on a number of things, I hit to make it work.

AmericanSensei.

PS....Take Kage's advice and back your drive up.

My friend had a big seagate drive that "klunked" barely at all until he tried installing something on it, then it was every 3 or 4 seconds. His gf smashed his whole system though before the drive went out completely. But sounds like you need a new drive.

Back
Top Bottom