Getting A File???

i know i shouldn't be giving advice to someone who wants to hack.....but....do u have ANY access to their computer at all? try installing a keylogger on it so u can find out their password...or extract the SAM file from the registry on their comp....that's all i'm gonna say....google what i said and find out how to do all that urself

This might work if the machine runs Windows and if the file isn't a ridiculous size... NT-based Windows (NT\2K\XP) *might* not let you do this but it's worth a go...

Boot up with a boot floppy for Windows 95/98.

You'll find yourself at the DOS Prompt. Switch to the C:\ drive, and if you know where the file is, navigate to the directory.

Take out the bootdisk, put in a blank floppy and type the following:

copy filename.extension a:

Replace filename.extension with the proper filename and extension e.g. Document1.doc

Once you have the file, take out your disk, and reboot the machine. It'll boot as normal and you'll hopefully have the file ;)

Can't believe nobody suggested that yet, sometimes the most jammy methods are the best.

Just occurred to me you could also use Knoppix to browse the HD and transfer the file onto floppy or USB flash drive.

ok, I can think of a few ways to do it...

you could install some kind of telnet server on their machine, then you'd have complete control to run or kil programs,

or you could try this... (only work for NT based computers)

net use z: \\[Computername]\c$ to browse to their C drive.
you might have to specify a username and password to connect, this should be thier username an password, or the administrator of that machine...

It's worth knowing that in windows XP if you are on a workgroups and you happen to have the same username and password on two computers, they have a password excahnge policy that automatically allows you to browse files on that machine as well...

And actually.. if it's Windows XP... try booting into safe mode... they're sometimes a hidden "Administrator" account with no password..

Back
Top Bottom