My computer is driving me crazy please help !

Xonnie316

Solid State Member
Hi there,

Well the past few weeks I been using this copied windows xp from a friend of mine, and its the 2002 early version I think, and I installed it and keeps giving me problems,

And just so you know a month ago I upgraded my computer and gotten a amd motherboard and processor, amd athlon xp 2700,

Now before I had a computer with sd ram, and had to change to ddr ram,

Now I did that and everything,

Now what I found weird is that lots of times my computer each time I want to load a program it either stucks and ends up not responding,

Or sometimes I double click an icon and bamm restarts,

Sometimes it shows the blue screen,

Now I don't know if it is my windows xp cd, and I might need to get the latest sp2,

Or that maybe my graphics card ain't working right with my new motherboard,

My graphics card is the nVidia tnt 32 mbs one, but it says on the graphics card that its sd ram,

Can you please help me out,

Coz my computer been going crazy, I keep formatting every few days, and the programs jam lotta times,

Oh yes and I have 256 mbs ddr ram on the motherboard,

Hope somebody helps me out,

Xonnie316

not that im an expert but it seems you pirated your windows and cant get updates

its not a windows problem for sure. its a hardware problem. i didn't get you when you say you have sdram and change it to ddrams. it cant be coz motherboard is designed to only one type. your problem is your memory. try to change another one. and also, im using the tnt nvidia, sometimes its not compatible with the board but the result is it will auto restart and display that the video card is the cause of the problem. you never mentioned of this so i assumed your memory is teh problem

i would have to agree with chado on this one, windows really should not be the problem, just the combatibility of ram types. Motherboards are usually designed for only one type, its like switching to different weights of oil!

Attention...

who's key code did you use?
And is the new motherboard you have ddr ram on or did you stuff ddr in to a sdram slot on the old system?

Back
Top Bottom