Best Place to put my Computer

Here is the master of all locations and this is how my computer is setup:

Go to Home Depot and get one of those black storage shelves (about 5 shelf high is what I got) that is ventilated meaning the shelves are like the shelves you find in your refrigerator. It's very sturdy as well. Assemble that bad boy and set your main PC on one of the shelves that is most convienent for you. The shelf system can be set anywhere in your room and there is ventilation all around so you won't have to worry about storing the PC in enclosed spaces.

This way, you free up all that table space and you have room on your new shelf to put things like software, CDs, DVDs, speakers (or at least part of it), printer, scanner, PDA cradle (I have an iPAQ and comes with a cradle to link with the PC), etc..

The perfect solution.

Here is a link for it at Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=134876-80752-184874B&lpage=none

It's the exact shelf I have, down to the same color even but mine was much cheaper than that at around $49.99. You can zoom in on it and move around to get a better view when you enlarge the image. It's a nice shelving design and fits with any kind of decor. I've seen businesses that have very similar shelf systems in their IT rooms.

My computer is in my freezer, or my motherboard and HDD and stuff is, there's a steel box in my freezer with the components inside. Really good if you ask me, mini fridge > water cooling.

T-Doit, Signature 5 lines please.
When I got my 2nd pc, it replaced an old commdore 64 amiga (PC built into keyboard). Then the tower sat on the floor, and it still works (it's on the floor again 'cos it's for sale)

BanChan? You joking there?

I know this seems rather strange to ask, but can't you put the organsier on the floor where the computer was going to go? and the computer back on the desk? Or find somewhere else for the organsier to go, maybe a shelf or something.
Then you wouldn't have to move the computer away from the original spot in the first place!

I'm sure you have it sorted out now though.

Back
Top Bottom