News on AMD Dual-Core

dude gian my sig has said 3500 winchester for like ever and then about a week ago I changed it to this, I thought it was even more obivous I was joking hwen I was using leet talk, but whatever.

hahah... well what kind of logitech do you have? man I'm hooking up my Z-5500 system with monster sound cables now :D

I forget, but it's a 5.1 all black setup. It's prolly the Z-5500, but I dunno. That sounds sweet, I would do something like that too and get a sound card, etc., but I don't need my games to sound THAT good (I don't have the money anyway even if I wanted) or movies/tv shows to sound that good either, but I've seen systems that have like uber sound systems and they own hardcore. ;)

AMD and Intel's dual-core chips are also different in how they are built. AMD's Opteron was designed from the ground up to evolve from a single core to multiple cores. The Pentium evolution was expected to continue in a single-core format for several more years.

With that in mind, AMD says data flow better between its cores because of a feature it calls its Direct Connect architecture. It is characterized as a "dedicated pipe" for information to flow through. They get a substantial amount of the performance through an interface that's designed to take the load.

Intel's initial dual-core offering will be more of a place holder than a real technology breakthrough. They are behind right now, but they don't want to appear behind or admit it.

Intel endured a rough 2004 with execution problems and product delays. The company also trailed AMD in its rollout of chips capable of processing data in chunks of 64 and 32 bits. Its accelerated dual-core plans were due to AMD setting its launch sights on mid-2005.

Back
Top Bottom