News on AMD Dual-Core

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
http://www.hexus.net/#AMD-dual

Or for those to lazy to go to the link:

"It's no big secret that AMD is scheduled to launch its dual-core Server and professional workstation Opteron processors later in the year.

However details of what's set to be let loose to hunt down Intel's recently announced Pentium Extreme Edition 840 have, up till now, been well hidden...

HEXUS can exclusively reveal that the CPU is to be named the AMD Athlon 64 X2

It will be available at least in the following models:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

Our source in Greenbriar also confirms that AMD currently has no plans to introduce 'FX' variants of its dual-core desktop processors.

The flagship AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ will have both its cores operating at 2.4GHz, the same frequency as the AMD Athlon 64 4000+, and we'll be surprised if this doesn't rape the already impressive Pentium Extreme Edition 840 we reviewed here."

Sorry Intel. You tried, but you still lose to a former catch-up company that now crushes you. Hahahah...

AMD is going to crush Intel then again Intels are for office use and AMD is for gaming use so in there owns ways they are good.

I find the choice of wording questionable, and therefore the site doesn't seem like one I would visit even remotely often for real information.

Although the Pentium EE 840 was indeed focused at a gamers market, we all knew that's not how it would go, since games aren't multithreaded, even two Hyper-Threaded cores wouldn't give any improvement (Whatsoever) in games. The same is going to be for the AMD64 dual-core processors, except they'll offer top-notch gaming performance on top of being more efficient than the EE 840.

Did any one of us non-biased computer users actually expect anything from Smithfield? I mean was anyone here expecting the "dream chip" from two Prescott cores on one die?

We have to look at what is better overall, and AMD will continue being better overall. That's the fact. And that is what I'll be looking for when shopping for a CPU in the future.

A11 teh AMD can d0 is pl4y gam3z0rz wh1ch is t0ta11y stup1d!!!111!1!!1 My comp (which is certainly not overpriced) would 0wnz0rz any AMD in mult1t4sk1ng, th3refore, teh 1nt3l winz!!

I'm saying that AMD isn't "winning" because the Smithfield was not meant to be the "best" multi-core CPU, but rather, the first. It was rushed out. Nobody who knows anything about computers expected the Smithfield to be a "performer" when it comes to gaming or any other task. Gaming gets no benefit, along with 90% of the software, due to the lack of multithreading support.

I'll be more interested in seeing how the AMD64's compare against the Intels in video encoding and whatnot. I'm very excited to see what these dual-core AMDs offer us.

winterfreshpwnz said:
A11 teh AMD can d0 is pl4y gam3z0rz wh1ch is t0ta11y stup1d!!!111!1!!1 My comp (which is certainly not overpriced) would 0wnz0rz any AMD in mult1t4sk1ng, th3refore, teh 1nt3l winz!!

This is such a load of crap. AMD pwn Intel in just about nearly everything.. AMD for examples owns Intel in business apps.

L33t language. Sheesh even I try to avoid it.

AMD can do a lot more then gaming. You need to get your brain checked up. Maybe brain surgery.

Back
Top Bottom