cd writer issue

frantik97

Baseband Member
I'll try to make this short and sweet in hopes that someone will be able to help me. I am currently running Win 2000 on a hardrive that has been partitioned 4 times. Each piece with a capacity of 25 gigs. I recently installed Win 2000 on the same hardrive, separate partition. Since then I have not been able to burn any cd's using my cd writer. Windows is telling me that the device is working properly however Nero and Easy Cd creator are both unable to find it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

maybe your nero version is not compatible with your current operating system. whats the version of your nero now.

So there are 4 partitions. One of the four has Windows 2000 on it now. You have now tried to install Nero, and opened it and it can't find the drive. So you probably have C,D,E,F drives as hard drives. G might be a cd rom drive.

Can you read cd's with the drives okay?

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL NERO ON THE PARTITION WITH WIN 2K NOW ON

Is Nero installed on the partition (drive) that Win 2000 is installed on? This might be a problem if not, because it might not have set up the registry or something correctly since driver information will not be on a seperate drive, if these don't have windows on. If this is the case, simply install nero again on the right drive :)

If this isn't the case, you might have to install the cd rom/dvd drives since they aren't running. If they read discs though, ifgnore this and it might be the above option.

ONLY IF A DISC CANNOT BE READ INSTRUCTIONS

Go into System within Control Panel, and into HardWare, Device Manager.
Under DVD/CD rom drives in the list check that the drive is there, and doesn't have a cross or question mark next to it.
if it does, you will have to find the disc that came with the drive and run the Add Hardware wizard, again in Control Panel to see if it recogognises the hardware but it has not been installed yet.

Hope this helps (You'll have to get used to my long posts. I'm sure they are detailed enough though :p The caps are not to shout, but to suggest a title)

Thank you all for your feedback. However none of the suggestions made have had an impact on my problem. Nero is installed on the correct drive and the cd writer does read discs. The problem is when I try to burn discs the software does not reckognize the burner.

Back
Top Bottom