How to view it on the web???

Ash2

Baseband Member
I'm sorry that the title isn't exactly that good, but i cudn't think of anything else.
Because i've just started learning about html from tutorials and that, say i write html in notepad then save it, how do i preview it on the net and choose a address for it so then i can view it and amend it whenever i want to thru any computer???

That's all i really want to know is how i can preview my html on the net from notepad, and then choose a address for it so that i can look at it and amend it whenever i want???

This my be simple to you guys :p , but i jus wondered if you could help me with the situation above!

Thanks!!

ok, you need a website where you put your html docs. you can buy one or you can find some site to host your files for you.

you can preview your html files straight from your hard drive, no need to put them on the net for that. launch your web browser of preference (internet explorer, firefox) then go to the file menu. If you are using Internet Explorer, you should choose 'Open' . A window will open. Click browse and find your file. Click ok and it should open your html file to view.

ok thanks a lot m8, is there anyway that i can host it on the net for free??? do you know of any sites that'll host notepad for free??
Cheers

David, do you know why everytime i choose a domain name for my notepad webpage, it keeps saying "that domain name has already been registared", it's really annoying lol, i've tried most of the domain names!!

geocities.com
lycos.co.uk
angeltowns.com (no ads/50megs)
everywebhost.com
(has a little add-bar at the top but does have PHP and mysql support if you ever need that)

Back
Top Bottom