Post your 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, and 3DMark05 Scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actullay benchmark tests are good. Fien it doesnt really matter what the numbers end up saying i get that. But if u use them like i used them where i was getting lower scores and wanted to know why, and then by comparing my tests with orhers i could decipher that there maybe somehtign wrng with my system configuration, which there was, and i fixed everythign and now my scores are where they should be. So tests are good. I wouldnt cancel them out completely.

Benchmarks can give you an estimate on how the PC rank as far as performance goes. It gives you an idea on where you stand so you make decisions on what hardware to upgrade to or what you can do to make it better. My 3dmark tells me that I have a high performance system. It may not be in the 10,000 + range but according to 3dmark, it's good enough to be a great PC and the specs I have speaks for itself. I know if I can get a 6800 card it would make a difference or if I can OC it more, my score will be much much higher.

but see, someone can have a higher perfoming system, but have a lower 3d mark score. that's happened alot!

also it may not work prepery if you have some otehr apps open ether, its gratefully determined by the users software configuration.

also if your harddrive hasnt been defragged, or you dont have much drive space left, all those factors matter in those scores, sicne they slow down your system in the first place. the software itself will run slower and thus, give you a lower score.

soem people run it on fresh systems that dont have the best specs, but when takign a system with higher specs but more "busy" software config, the one with the freshest OS install, etc will get a higher score, also drivers come into play, of course

Ya but everything anthlon64fx is saying is supporting the use of 3dmark. Yes ur score will be lower if ur hdd hasnt been defraged, well, once u check ur score and its low, hen u know somehting is wrong. Therefore u go through and find out what it is. OK, if i defrag my score goes up a bit. OK, i need to update my drivers and my score goes up a bit. Until u r running at a competitive score.

When i first ran my test i was getting very low scores. B/c of 3dmark tests i realized that things needed to be fixed, my card was running at 300/1000, which is well below stock. A part on my mobo was placed in backward. There were many little things that could have been and should have been adjusted that i would never have known or thought about if it wasnt for these tests and my low scores. So all of a sudden, i do have this system that is supposed to be very powerful, yet someone with a sh1ttier system is running better than mine is. Doesnt make sense.

If I ever do a fresh install, I'll have to try that. I will install minimal software and run a 3dmark to see the difference. That will be a good experiment too.

a part on your mobo was palced backwards?? what part was it?? LOLz

grrr lets end this stupid arguments. ok. its stupid to argur over it. its dumb and stupid!

Who's arguing? I think ur right when u say that using this test for games is stup1d, all i am saying is that its a good test to see if ur system is up to where its supposed to be.

In the middle of the 2 graphic slots on my SLI mobo is a small chip and it points on one direction to the 16x slot and on the other direction to the 8x slot. It tells the mobo, which card is supposed to go where and what bandwith to alot that card. When using only one graphics card, it should end up in only one of the 2 slots, and this slot will perform at 16x speed. The card was in backward therefore my mobo was only giving my 1 card 8x speed...pay for PCIe board, i want PCIe speeds...ya know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom