IP Adresses

there are probably two ip addresses for your computer. an internal network ip address and the external one. do you know the difference and if so, which one are you trying to change? if you don't know the difference then just let us know what you're trying to accomplish.

jeff.m said:
there are probably two ip addresses for your computer. an internal network ip address and the external one. do you know the difference and if so, which one are you trying to change? if you don't know the difference then just let us know what you're trying to accomplish.
Well Jeff, I'm gonna have to go with the external IP.

LOL. I'm not too sure about it but this internal network one you speak of would be something that identifies me on a LAN, correct?

I'm just curious as to how I could do this. I'm not really having any problems with my comp, so don't worry. If you know how to do it, I'd love to know too. Thnx. :)

Control panel > Network connections.

If you have DHCP enabled, go to cmd and type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew (That works most of the time).

David Lindon said:
Control panel > Network connections.

If you have DHCP enabled, go to cmd and type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew (That works most of the time).

Actually David, I tried /release and /renew from DOS and that didn't work.

It just gave me the same IP as before...

I'll try playing around with "Network Connections" though...

if you want to change your external ip then there are two ways to do it. one is to get into your router and release and renew the ip from there. or you could just unplug your broadband modem for a couple of minutes. but if you have cable you might not have a dynamic ip address, which means it can only be changed by the cable company.

Back
Top Bottom