Is it worth it?

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
If your MOBO already has sound intergraded into it, is it worth it to buy a sound card?

I only listen to music and have audio from games.

Yeah...

The onboard sound besides not really being all that good steals clock cycles from the cpu. An outboard card does all the work freeing up the cpu to do what it's really meant to do.
Even a cheap little POS card will do if you're not really concerned about quailty. I have a C-media card that has 5.1 surround and only gave $50.00usd for it. It rocks the house but then I live alone. But a sound card is just the start of a simple but effective system. Good speakers can be had for very low cost. For that I suggest you visit a computer super store like CompUSA or Microcenter and check out the sound section. Listen to what they have to offer before you buy. That way what you hear is what you get. HTH...

^%*(&%*&^%(*& I didn't read under your name that you are in CANADA. Well I'm sure there is some sort of computer super store like those two I mentioned. The rest still applies...

Dishdog said:
If your MOBO already has sound intergraded into it, is it worth it to buy a sound card?

I only listen to music and have audio from games.

should be ok for what you are doing, i do the same with no problems save your money

Back
Top Bottom