Hot computer!

Dwhite528

Baseband Member
Hot! Need help cooling!

When i play games, like the sims 2, my computer crashes. This happens during all cpu intesive games. The computer does become very hot when this happens. I was thinking the computer was crashing because of the heat. It only started reacently, but that could be because it is getting warmer, and the room this computer is in is the warmest in the house. I was wondering if there was a way to cool my computer, still using fans, no water cooling, and cool my computer down. I was looking in my friend's dell and it has like a tube that takes the air straight from the cpu and out of the computer. The dell is amazingly cool. Does anyone know where I can get tubing like that?

Thanks in advace!

Are you using a stock CPU fan? If so, take it off and put it back on, there should be no reason for the crashes. My room is really hot also, but it hasn't crashed once, it could be because your computer is old or something. If you know, what are your computer specs?

Yeah, you can usually check temps in bios (Press del usually when computer starts up), though on my new motherboard, these don't show here.

It should say CPU temp, and fan speeds if they are set up correctly.

Try getting more case fans if theres space, or if you have some already and they are 80mm ones, try getting bigger 120mm ones if the case will support them.

You got updated video drivers? It might be worth checking that out, because fixes for games usually appear with new ones.

As for the CPU fan, stock fans should work perfectly fine since they are made for the CPU, though it might be worth getting another,
though I don't think your problem lies with temperatures.

Hope this helps

My computer specs are...

Intel Celeron 1.7ghz
758mb 266mhz ddr ram
128mb 9200 radeon 9250
40mb maxtor hardrive.

Dust may be a problem. I'm not sure. I just installed a new case fan yesterday, but I haven't tried playing a game yet. The temp on the cpu was 5 derees celcius cooler though. My cpu wasn't really that hot (I though, untill it started crashing) it was 38 degrees celcius. Now it is 33 degrees celcius.

Right now I have two 80mm case fans, and a cpu fan in my system.

Video card drivers may also be a problem, does anyone know where I can find the radeon 9250 driver? They changed their website and I don't know where to look now.

Back
Top Bottom