Hi

I have a few questions but first of all here is me system temps:

Motherboard 32 C
CPU 47 C

My cooling fans are running at:

CPU 3309 RPM
Northbridge 5153 RPM

Ok now the qustions:

1) Are my temps and fan speeds above normal?
2) What should they be?
3) And what effects do heating have? Are there any major problems that occur?

no problems there i suggest you buy a case fan to bring your PC temp down abit and a better CPU Fan 40+ is not good for a CPU

I run at 42 degrees C idle, can go up to 52 when I play games, and any overclocking on the ABIT Guru sends it straight up to 59 degrees, and into the 62 range after a few mins...dangerous

The system temperature isn't that bad actually, though if that CPU reading is idle, i'd get a new fan/heatsink for the processor. Its better safe than sorry... Though I don't think your doing any long term damage to it, not at all. Though I guess it depends what processor you have to start with :) What is it?

As for the fan speed, thats fine, and is normal. Mine runs at about 3600 RPM

Thank you for replying to my post!!!!

I have afew final questions

What major problems can occur via overheating
And are fans expensive and hard to put in (I am an amatuer!!!)

Thanx

If your CPU overheats and goes dead, it probably won't even start at all. Appear to be dead, although your fans may be turning if they are plugged directly to the power supply. Check the beep sequence. Monitor the temp and if it starts going high, check all the fans to see if they are spinning. If not, you found the problem. If the fans are turning and your CPU is still running hot, touch the heatsink to see if it's really hot to the touch. You may need to clean out the old thermal grease and add a new layer to it and reseat the heatsink properly. Sometime, the software might be screwed up and tell you the wrong temp readout. Just update BIOS or see if there are any updates for your EasyTune software or whatever you use to monitor the temperature readout.

Fans are cheap and very, very easy to install. Just screw them on and plug the small power cable it comes with into an available power plug from the power supply. Oh and your temperature is pretty good and within normal range.

Back
Top Bottom