music file loss

jammmer

Solid State Member
I am new to this site but need to now urgently if anyone can help me.

I was downloading music on downloading software and the program, for no apparent reason shut itself completly down. All my downloaded music has now dissapeared off of my computer leaving no trace, only my music that i put onto my computer with a cd has remained. I did not have a system restore point running and do not know how, or if i can restore all of my music. I am using windows xp with service pack 2.

any help appreciated, thanks.

system specs and did you just install SP2 when this happened? did anyone touch your computer? try downloading the program you had and sometimes that'll bring back the songs, works with bearshare at least

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2.00GHz, 256mb RAM,

I was using limewire to download, i have tried re-installing but everytime i do so, the program just shuts down again, ive used the public version, all programs that were linked to limewire (all music) have dissapeared.

hmm..ad-aware SE and Spybot S&D use them to see if you got any viruses. oh and take it from me we've had this type of poll forever Bearshare wins everytime. get bearshare downloads like 5x faster than my experiences with limewire

all S&D found was 5 DSO exploits, but i seem to get them regularly. Do you not think there is a way to restore all my files?

hmm im not very good with this topic, i would just advise you to download another music thingy and download all the songs again

yer, that is the logical thing to do,i would do it if i did not have a download limit, so it basically costs me to replace the 800+ songs ive lost if i download too much, thanks for your help anyway.

whats your download limit? does that also count from accepting files over MSN? because that would suck. i have no download limit, i can download 500gb's a month if i want or could

lucky for some ey, i think its all incoming files, i only found out we had a limit a few weeks ago! i believe its 2gb, but you can pay a pound more for each gb more you download if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom