Help Cant Overclock!!!!

it depends what CPU you have. Some are locked from manufactuer and need a bit of drawing on them to unlock them, for example Athlon XP CPU's I think.

What CPU do you have?

the athlon64's also have the mulitiplier locked, just turn up the FSB usually thats all most people use

Ah...thats what I'm getting confused with. Sorry.

The multiplier allows you to overclock more though doesn't it?

yup, thats why the FX-55,FX-53's are so valuable they have the multiplier unlocked so you can o/c shitloads more than a athlon64

Ah ha. I guess then that if the muliplier was unlocked, you wouldn't have to increase the voltages half as much? Resulting ni a cooler and more stable overclock?

Yeah, though Athlon 64's can reach an Athlon FX-55 with tinkering and alot of water cooling i'd presume. They are all overclockable to around 6ghz if cooling and stabalising was done to the max

no no no FX-55 is only running at 2.6ghz, loyalist's computer is a 3000+ athlon64 and he got his to 2.6ghz air cooled.

Opps... I meant the equivilent of a 6ghz Pentium... I didn't mean 6ghz in Athlon terms hehe... that'd b a bit deadly, sorry hehe... me today

i dont think a FX-55 will reach that high...although it might but i dont think it will, that'd be one serious o/c, maybe liquid nitrogen or soemthing

Whats the equivilent of a pentium with the Athlon FX-55 then?
Maybe my research i did has gone and messed up in my head... I've definetly got something wrong. Maybe i mean .6 or something of a number.... oh well... ignore me...

Back
Top Bottom