Royals

yeah, Shrewsbury School in Shrewsbury, its great, but im a dayboy, we have a smaller houses than the borders, but its not that small, we have a vending machine and toast making facilities

setishock said:
The Universe hates a vaccuum. If you did away with the royal family tomorrow, who or what would fill the vaccuum? Granted most of what you hear in the media is colourful and sometimes bad, but it's never dull.
There has always been some sort of controversy about what one of them is doing. And people tend to be drawn to the bad.
Yes, the royal family has their ups and downs but some are trying to do good. Unfortunely Diana is gone and Furgy seems {to me anyway} to have dropped of the face of the earth. Charles is a major embaressment to the Queen. And the boys what from what I have seen of then would rather be left to their own devices.
If Charles is next in line then not only God save the King but God help the Brits...

I agree
also without the Queen and the royal assent, the government could do pretty much whatever they wanted (assuming they have the suport of the house of lords) and with the current government the country could be screwed up pretty quickly

The royal family is only around for tourism. You americains cant seem to get enough of london...

99nasha said:
The royal family is only around for tourism. You americains cant seem to get enough of london...

Bollocks (pardon my french)
England has had monarchs for centuries, they were around before 1066 (I think, im not very good at history, oh yeah, there were, Ethelred the Unready etc.) before tourism was around :cool:

Tulsileaf said:
britain always had monarchs. before them they had Romans.

yeah, they screwed the country up real bad, b4 that, the weather was nice, now its crap (well, today was OK)

cheeseman222 said:
waste of money...

not really, they pay their own taxes now, what money do they use anyway, and with Labour raising taxes by the minuite, the country should survive (do you know labour spend (on average) £50 million, PER HOUR)

Techy Geek said:
not really, they pay their own taxes now, what money do they use anyway, and with Labour raising taxes by the minuite, the country should survive (do you know labour spend (on average) £50 million, PER HOUR)
Thats why you need conservatives!

Back
Top Bottom