Problem with sound

Grickey

Baseband Member
i recently said that i would help my friend he has an creative live! drive IR, i have the pci slot card set up correctly, i think! but i have another hardware device above the cd drive, it has no connections going to it so i guess its why its not working, i don't know what to connect to it im guessing i need to plug in the aud_ext(to sb live card) and/or connect the 4 pin thing in it? hope you can help, not used to all this webdesign is my game :D

or...

it has an P4B266 mobo i cant find the drivers for the mobo that would help instead?

thanks alot

grickey

anyone can help its 2.21 in the morining here it needs to be done by tomorrow cant sleep till i get it done !! *zzz*

That'll just be what is used toc ontrol volumes and stufdf and there should be a slot for this on the soundcard itself. As for the sound not working, have you installed the drivers?
Inserted thje speakers into the right slot? Usually green on Creatives soundcards... I know thats a stupid answer, but I don't know... mistakes happen.

Other than that, nothing should be wrong.

Hope you get it working soon

yea green slot not that stupid :D but i know it happens too, i currently only have the pci sb card in, its installed with drivers but yet it cannot play anything windows media player says there is no current hardware congiured but yet its correctnly installed under device manager.

ill praise anyone who can find me the P4b226 onboard sound driver seriously :D

The whatta? hehe

Yeah didn't think you were. didn't mean to test your intelligence :p Its just, you never know when people are sleepy, or maybe drunk...

That must mean there is no current hardware installed... Is there any sound from windows? If not which is what I expect, make sure the onboard one is off in Bios.

Go into bios (usually by pressing delete) go into Adanced Chipset features, or the first one. Check for onboard sound on the menus and disable it. Then simply go to Save And Exit!

Then try re-installing the sound. You might find there is a clash between the two... and this might just work :)

I might actually help someone today.yippeeeee!

Hope this helps

maybe not :D it doesnt work, there is no onboard sound in bios, if you have msn messnger maybe it would be better, if you have PM your addy. thanks

omg weirdest thing ever... while installing the drivers for my SB live card and in the restart i go to click on a song and look sad at it takin time to load ( from a 1 terebyte snap server :) ) it starts to play, im like WOAH OMG??! i quickly run across my bedroom and knock over my drink *fcuk* grab my speaker lead and hook it up to my 600 watt bedroom dj kit and its playing through onboard sound :D not the fukll solution but im happy thanks alot dudes!! i own you big time Kage for making me keep going at it as i was ready just to pack it in and use my ipod :./ lol ever need anything contact me :D im the man cheap computer parts as i get 40% of pc world :) thanks alot

grickey

Back
Top Bottom