SLI on Intel Platforms

SSE4 said:
I've already read up on a lot of the stuff about this. If you haven't read about it here is a place that you can take a look at it.
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzU1
There are many other sources all over the net. I think it's about time. Intel needs enthusiast boards, but we already knew they were coming anyway, it was only a matter of time.

AMD has the enthusiast market by the balls, Intel doesn't stand a chance.

Yeah, AMD still has some of the best chipsets in the market (supplied by nVIDIA :D).

Giancarlo said:
AMD has the enthusiast market by the balls, Intel doesn't stand a chance.
The point isn't for Intel to kick AMD out, but for people who still want an Intel-based system for other things (But gaming as well) it provides a decent alternative. I'd rather have Intel consumers equipped with a good motherboard than a piece of junk. It's their choice anyway.

SSE4 said:
The point isn't for Intel to kick AMD out, but for people who still want an Intel-based system for other things (But gaming as well) it provides a decent alternative. I'd rather have Intel consumers equipped with a good motherboard than a piece of junk. It's their choice anyway.

not a decent alternative.. intel is crap...

To you maybe, but not to other people. I don't see any reason why we should say people don't have the right to use Intel if they choose to. People chose to use AMD when it sucked ass, but if they didn't there wouldn't be an AMD today. And I think it's important that Intel users get the same choices as far as motherboard quality goes that AMD users do.

Well lets not get this into an Intel versus AMD debate. We know who rules this, and AMD does so. The past isn't important here because the past is history. Intel users I don't think understand they buy junk.

actually these computers will rock...they'll get tons of FPS in doom 3 and others with 2x6600gts or 6800gt's and still be faster in lots of aplpications..almost makes me wish i didnt go AMD

Why do people hate Intel so much? I've got a p4 530 and it runs supperb. Who cares if amd are a few fps higher in games, does it really make any difference? Stop bitching and aprecciate people's choices!

money_man said:
actually these computers will rock...they'll get tons of FPS in doom 3 and others with 2x6600gts or 6800gt's and still be faster in lots of aplpications..almost makes me wish i didnt go AMD

Keep speaking falsehoods. These won't rock. They will be junk and always be junk, like what P4s are designed to be like. These won't rock. AMD will blaze far ahead of them. They won't be faster and anybody with brain cells (and some brain power) would know that. Also you have to be fair and compare SLI AMD systems with SLI Intel systems. SLI AMD systems will lead naturally (that is a damn fact).

AMD is overall better. People's choices sometime suck. Intel sucks.

What boards are SLI used on now then? I thought they were Intel boards... and i didn't think you could get them on AMD CPUs...

I'm probably getting really confused thats all.

Back
Top Bottom