Taken off side panels!!!

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have just taken the side panels off my comp inorder to lower the pc's temp and I am just wondering if this can have any negative effects like would more dust get into the case and catch on the fans?

THanx

Haha, it does help the cooling, but major dust gets into the computer. It's okay to do that, but make sure you clean it every once and a while.

dust is gonna get into your computer either way. I havent had my sidepanels on for months now.

It does have a negative effect, the idea is to have fans at the back that create an airflow from front to back pulling cold air over the components. Will the side panels off, the air doesn't move so doesn't cool.

cantona said:
Hi

I have just taken the side panels off my comp inorder to lower the pc's temp and I am just wondering if this can have any negative effects like would more dust get into the case and catch on the fans?

THanx

you will have no air flow :confused:

hmmm, my 9 year old emachines has not had its case on for like 2 years now and i haven't cleaned it once lol. but yea i had no choice anyway cuz the way i had everything hooked up inside of it, there were cables everywhere and there would be no air flow with the case on :D but it has had no negative effects on mine

ya cud manually cut a hole in the panels, and put some perspex in ti and make 2 or 3 holes for fans, so u can keep em on and still have it nice n cool.

Only problem is dust. Ive had my sides off for years lol.

Only problem is a sometimes hurt my feet and hands.

The fans at the back etc, and at night when i plug in my speakers heh. ow.

Its true what David Lindon is saying. I've took off my side panels to see if it does anything, and the computer doesn't drop in temperatures... to be honest it actually rises a few degrees. It definetly has something to do with the airflow, and with no fan airflow working, it can only be as cold as the room i'd guess?

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom