wireless

ereilly26

Beta member
hi i want to put my computer in my bed room what do i need to do this i do not want any leads for my broadband

thank you

a wireless router that you connect to your DSL box, and some sort of wireless reciever for the desired computer. you can either get a USB wireless reciever (simplest option) or, you can get a PCI wireless card. either way they will be able to get the signal, so it's pretty simple. also, you could bust out some 100ft cat5's and run them under your floor and through your walls instead of doing a wirless thing :p

ACES WILD said:
also, you could bust out some 100ft cat5's and run them under your floor and through your walls instead of doing a wirless thing :p

yeah, CAT5's are faster and dont lose signal over distance or through walls, although if it is over 100m (i think) it loses signal and you need to get a signal booster

The signal of the wireless router can be vary a lot depending what is between your AP (access point) and your wireless receiver. You should opt for a receiver that has a wired movable antenna, like the one from ASUS wifi.

Back
Top Bottom