Protests in Iraq

What do you expect 99nasha? Besides. There is a line between debate and arguements. Right now, this is a debate.

I reckon that there are a lot less people that oppose "the western oppression", the media highlights these incidents becaue they oppose the government, but a majority of the population are all for democracy and the western way of life. E.g. Saddam Hussein was captured after a tip-off from a local CIVILIAN

Techy Geek, just because a society doesn't want a harsh leader, doesn't mean they don't want to be free of an Army that can at will conduct a search of their house, or arrest someone if you just say any combination of the words "bomb" "american". I mean, I wouldn't want an army from another nation, one that doesn't understand my culture, to be walking down and patrolling my streets. I'd much rather see my own county's military trained much faster.

Yeah, fair enough, but after 25 years of oppression, im sure they're happy to see freedom. Anyway 90% will never have their houses raided, they conduct these searches only on reliable information or a heavy suspicion of terrorist activity. Put yourself in the position of the soldiers, amny of your friends may have been killed, anyone could attack you at anytime, you could be breathing your last breath right now, you could be experiencing your last moments, they dont know who to trust, and i for one support the war on iraq. I suppose though they could hurry with the training of troops

I'm sure more the 90% of the population in Iraq is satisfied to have their own elected government. I'm sure those who will cause problems will be taken care of as the Iraqi Security forces show their bravery as they have done. They have increasingly been doing better with their job. Rakey, the US military has a job to do. And you could use that same argument with Germany or Japan. We will only be patrolling the streets for a while when the Iraqi military is trained right. You can't do fast training. Do you know what a military is? You do good training it takes a while. What do you want? A bunch of badly trained, ill-disciplined troops? The Iraqi military is being trained at a good pace. Like the Afghan Military which just topped 20,000.

Well... let me tell you the facts... in Afghanistan we chose quality over quantity as far as the Afghan National Army goes.

And also we are not going anywhere:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/usiraqtalabani

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Iraq's new president Jalal Talabani restated his support for a continued US military presence in Iraq, one day after large demonstrations by supporters of Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr demanded US troops leave the country.

"I think we are in great need to have American and other allied forces in Iraq until we will be able to rebuild our military forces," Talabani told the CNN news program Late Edition.

Branding Sadr a "criminal" who should be arrested, Talabani said he opposed setting a timetable for the US military's exit from the country.

On Saturday, tens of thousands of Sadr's followers marched through Baghdad chanting "No, no, USA," in what is believed to be the largest demonstration since US troops entered the country.

The protestors also demanded the establishment of a government based on Islamic law when the new government begins rewriting the country's constitution.

----

F**k those minority protesters. This is the Iraqi government asking us to stay. Talabani is now president, a long enemy of Saddam Hussein. Boy, I would of loved to see the look on Saddam's face when a Kurd gained the presidency. Hahahah...

I am so pleased...

The tone of this thread has been one of quiet discussion.
Well done.
You're talking TO each other instead of talking AT each other.
I have enjoyed reading this thread.
Please continue...

Shakey ground...

If they give him the death penality and carry it out, his followers will go absolutely bezerk.

Back
Top Bottom