DVD burner problem.

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I have a dual layer dvd burner (BTC) and recently it has been ignoring dvds. It doesnt reconize them for some reason and can only run CDs. Ive updated it with all the drivers but it still hasnt done anything.

Any ideas?

You mean the Autorun is screwed up for DVDs, but the CDs does not? Any kind of error messages pop up? If not, you can always access the DVD through My Computer and double click on the DVD drive. That will open it up.

I put the DVD im and the computer just sits there and does nothing. If I go into my computer and click on the drive it says that there is nothing in it. Its like nothing is there..

Ive tried it with several DVD's as well so it cant be a scratched disc...

I would try deleting the DVD burner from the Device Manager and detect it again. It will be like installing a new device in this case, a new DVD drive. It will install Windows drivers for it and later on, install the manufacturers driver disc.

You probably need to update the codecs for your DVD software to enable DVD playback with Windows Media Player or whatever you use. Do you have Media PLayer 10?

Back
Top Bottom