hard drive "off line"?

Phire

Baseband Member
I have WindowsXP, SP2.
Recently, Windows kept bugging me to install or update some drives or something for some software. One thing I had to install was "Plug and Play" .. I believe it was for some USB thingy. (This post isn't very well detailed is it? :p) And then I had install something else, but suddenly while installing, my screen flashed blue with some text. and then restarted. but the problem is i cant get it to fully load... it says my hard drive is "Off Line" in the DOS thing. ..i hope nothing is corrupted. please help

AH! The blue screen of death strikes again. Try running you computer in safe mode and installing it then. Press F8 when your computer is booting up.

Re: hard drive

Phire said:
One thing I had to install was "Plug and Play" .. I believe it was for some USB thingy.

surely the whole idea of plug and play is that u dont have to install anything
anyway where was I :confused:
ah the blue screen that we all know and hate :mad: , yeah, just do what 99nasha said(the F8 thing is a hit and miss, you have to get it right, keep on pressing it, if that doesn't work make sure the hard drive connectors are plugged in properly at both ends and it is plugged into the power supply, soz if that was no help :(

alas, the safe mode didnt work; it didnt even show up when i pressed F8 for a numerous amount of times. any other suggestions? i really dont want to have to re-format :(..unless its possible to move my files from my current hard drive/s onto some external backup device? i doubt any of my files are corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom