hooking up to a TV

jeff.m

Solid State Member
ok, i have this tv and i want to hook my computer up to it. the video card i've got right now has an s-video out and the tv has an s-video in, so i thought this would be the best way to hook them up. but when i hook them up the display on the tv is really blurry and hard to read. is this simply because the tv isn't HD? or would using a different type of output from the computer give me a better display on the tv? all the card has is vga and s-video outs, so if a newer card is necessary i could use some recomendations. thanks.

Jeff

The computer does not reproduce HD signals.

All should be working fine. Have you changed resolutions using Display Properties? Changed Hertz?

I don't think it is a HD problem but a rather a synchronization problem where during setup you may not have chosen the right output selector. Check it out; also check that the signal is picked up by your TV on the designated input selector; i.e. lke s-video 2 for instance.

yes, i've tried changing my resolution to no avail. i haven't tried changing the refresh rate, so i guess i can try that. i haven't really changed the output selector. i just hooked up the tv and when i turned the computer on it automatically chose the s-video out to display. do i need to select something else in the display properties?

Well if your computer automatically chose your output selector then the problem is probably with the hook up on the TV. It would be like if you chose antenna when you can have cable.
Can channels on your TV or output, this problem has nothing to do with refresh rate or resolution, but tuning between the 2 devices.

zero4zero said:
Well if your computer automatically chose your output selector then the problem is probably with the hook up on the TV. It would be like if you chose antenna when you can have cable.
Can channels on your TV or output, this problem has nothing to do with refresh rate or resolution, but tuning between the 2 devices.

i'm not sure i understand the last sentence. so what's the solution? do i need some sort of signal converter to convert the s-video to rca?

Back
Top Bottom