The days of Socket A are drawing to a close...

ACES WILD

Daemon Poster
I know that all these new 64-bit systems are coming out and they kick some serious A$$, but my old favorite socket A is starting to become Obsolete. So i've decided to give this good old socket one last hurrah, and build Really nice socket A gaming system, just for old time sake, and i'll either sell mine and keep this or Give it away as a prize at my year end Lan-party :D Im taking suggestions now for what to put in this, so post em here. the only thing I dont need suggestions on is the proc, that will be AMD Athlon XP 3200 (barton) w/512k L2 cache. so this is what i have so far, im taking suggestions. ALSO OS will be win XP pro, no LINUX srry linux users:p.
Proc: Athlon Xp 3200 (barton)
Case:?????
Mobo:?????
cooling:?????
HD's:??????
Gfx:?????
Ram:?????
Sound:?????
LEDS+cathodes:?????
Optical Drives:?????
im letting you guys decide what I put into this so make it good because it's on my Tab :D

I'd assume Linux woudl be no use for a lan based party anyway? Since most games won't work on it... shame really. Linux needs to be given a chance like Microsoft should. Though to be honest... I think Mac's should die...

Hmm... I'll do some research and get back to you

Well you have to give Apple and their Mac's for opening the pathway to our current PC technology.

hmmm for the motherboard id sugest the msi K7N2 Delta2 Platinum it seem like it would tare up some good games i would like to see how this build goes ill look up on other components

K :D
Proc: Athlon Xp Barton 3200
mobo: MSI k7n2 Delta 2 Platinum( maybe)
optical drives: ?????
Cooling:????
Hd's:?????
gfx:????
Ram:????
Sound:????
Leds + cathodes: ?????
Case: ????

???? = things yet to be decided

ok that will be the sound card. so heres what stands so far
CPU: athlon XP 3200 (barton)
case:????
Mobo: MSI k7n2 delta2 platinum
gfx:????
Optical drives:????
HD's:?????
Sound: Audigy 2 ZS gamer
LEDS + cathodes: ????
Ram:????
Cooling:????

ATI x850xt pe for video

512mb ballistix or just some crappy pc-3200 ram. are you actually gunna build this thing? because its gunna cost alot of money that you could just put towards a kick ass athlon64 computer

Ye im actually gonna build this, I just sold one of my old cars (1996 toyota camry station wagon V6, dual exjaust, green, about 115,00mi) for about 6k (because it's hard to find the wagon models I collected extra :D) anywho this is how it's looking now.
-proc: Athlon Xp 3200 (barton)
-mobo: K7n2 Delta 2 plat.
-gfx: ATI X850xtpe
-sound: Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
-Hd's:????
-Ram: 2gb OCZ gold vx or 1.5gb Crucial ballistix (only comes in pc-3200 in 512mb model and Delta2 plat. only has 3 ramslots)
-Case:????
-Cooling: Custom water cooling kit by FROZENCPU.com
-LEDS+cathodes: 4x cooler master ultra aurora UV cathodes + red Led casefeet
-Optical Drives:????
-PSU: PowerRight 500w Mudular PSU (smoke)
-Mods: (Suggestions) smoke colored window (12x12), UV etched window applique (F$%^ off NAZI punks), custom angel case skin on mobo side. (still need some suggestions)

for the ram i would suggest 1 gb OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum Rev 2 i even though it has 3 ram slots you dont wanna fill em up just use the ocz or any other brand you decide on duel channel setup cause the motherboard is capable of running dual channel heres the link for the ocz on new egg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-890&depa=1 the reason id suggest it is cause its quaility ram but also it runs at the super fast timings of 2-2-2-5

Back
Top Bottom