New Computer HD Compatable?

christopher319

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a pretty simple question. I'm obviously not too computer saavy, but I plan to learn quite a bit more in the coming months. I just ordered a Dell Dimension 8400 with a tv tuner and windows media. I upgraded the hard drive space to 160 and have 1 gig of memory. I plan to hook the computer up to my Sony 42" RP LCD via DVI. I've been reading about the possible HDTV content that can be accessed with media center pc's. My question is whether or not my computer will be capable of this. Do I need an HD tuner or is my system ready to go? Thanks alot for any help I can get.

-Chris

I'd assume it'd need another tuner since HDTV is a special piece of equipment for more data signals, and a normal TV tuner I don't think would be capable of it.... I wouldn't think so anyway

Some products like the latest ATI ALL IN WONDER come with a HD adapter; it all depends on what you bought. The adapter is separate from the card.

Also Some TV's nowadays are capabe of HD signals, but is the one you got?
You'd still be able to recieve them though with the right adapter but you'd probably have to plug it in another way if the TV doesn't support it and quality wouldn't be as good as HD in that case.

What card did you buy?

Back
Top Bottom