Need a decent midi editor/creator

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Hi, i have a keyboard which i can play well and i was becomming interested in making some tunes with it with my pc. I have it wired up to my pc (Line In) but i want a nice peice of (free) software that can edit/cut/paste/move .mid files about (recorded with keyboard) so i can put together some nice little tracks or just mess about and see if i can make anythin...Any1 know of anything?

With the Line In, you couldn't create mid tracks anyways, and the Midi In, Out ports would be best to use. Line In would be best if you already had midi tracks on the keyboard you wanted to record to Wav, Mp3.

As for the program, i'm not sure really, though I'm sure there must be some. I'm interested in this too, so any information would be kewl

well not necessarily midi, just something that can let me cut and paste and move certain bits around. it works perfectly being plugged into the line in, so i thought some program would let me record whats being put into the Line In and then let me play with it a lil bit and come up with somethin...

Yeah, sorry. I know what you mean. Hmm... I'm thinking of Audicity which is a wave editor which allows multi tracking as far as i know. This could be useful and is also one of teh better wave ediors. Being able to multitrack could come in useful if you have seperate banks on your keyboard to mix with.

Find this at:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's also free!

Hope this helps

It definetly works with Wave, and can record using Wave and so Line In. You can export in MP3 (with a plugin), but you can also export in Wave. trust me :)
It's a very good program

ah ok i'll give it another go then, it look abit crap at first glance but i'll av another go, lol :p

If you want to pay just a bit of money, then Cakewalk Music Creator is pretty good. It's what I use to make some techno tracks, and it's really easy to use. The pro version on CompUSA (which is really expensive) is about 80 bucks. I have just the original older version, and I believe I paid about 50 bucks for it... I don't remember exactly though.

I don't think you'll find a good one for free, but there may be something out there.

Back
Top Bottom