adding speakers

D0GELF

Beta member
Hey i own a dell inspiron 9100 notebook and i wanted to add two boston speakers to it. I was able to get the new speakers to work but when they went on my speaker that is inside my laptop turns off....is there any way to have both speaker sets on at the same time......the boston ones and the dell ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :cool: thanks

this happens, because you are plugging your new speakers into a headphone jack. so your laptop thinking that you plugged headphones into the jack, will tur off the onbord speakers, no-biggie, there isnt really much you can do unless your computer's sound thing came witha type of sound manager, that may be able to do both at the same time anyway, but why bother? most laptop speakers that are onboard are cheasy and tiny anyway, so it's like a good thing that they go off :D

As well as a headphone port (blocks out laptop sound), is there by any chance a Line Out port? This would probably work both. Don't get this confused with the Mic port that some laptops have along side a headphone jack though

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom