Motherboard Temperature

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

What should a normal motherboard temperature be? I can't find a direct answer anywhere, so does anyone have a ballpark idea? I have an ASUS K8N motherboard, if that helps.

Thanks!

You can't find anything because there's not really a 'mobo' temp. Try searching for single chips...you processor, you GPU. Some chipsets have thermal diods in them, and then your case usally has an overall temp

Your motherboard is between those temperatures? Wow, mine runs at about 35 under a load and 32 idle.

zodiak said:
Mine is a cool 46.2 degrees! W/O OCing.

Uhh... That's not cool... You're probably looking at your CPU temperature. Not to mention, you can't overclock a motherboard.

Well, I was just playing Far Cry for about an hour and a half, and the motherboard temperature went to 37 degrees Celcius... I think that this must be hot for a motherboard... I was using the temperature gauge in the NVIDIA monitor that I have that came with my motherboard. Any comments?

mobo temps should be under 35 with out load. and 40 max with loud and that includes ocing. When you oc, the north/south bridges get hot. Keep that in mind that heats up the mobo.

At the mo my motherbaords at 30 degrees C. There is nothing wrong with the motherboard being a bit hotter. I guess this being hotter would be because of other components heating it up (maybe where the temperature checking diode is), maybe athe PSU, Video card for example.

If the motherboard got to about 50 degree's I'd be worried. Anything between 40-49 i'd be rather worried. Below that should be fine

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom