First satallite
First rocket
First man in space
First woman in space
First orbit around the world
First probe to land on moon

US:
First man on moon

I mean, yes, man on moon is the biggest event, but all the achievements of Russia in space cannot be denied.

Russia did not win the space race in the end. I'm not denying Russia's achivements. The US did them too a short time after Russia did. The US pulled ahead of the USSR in the space race in the mid 1970s. I'm sorry, rakey. But you can't deny the facts.

Giancarlo said:
Russia is in big trouble. In huge trouble.. it is not very stable and its economy is over-dependent on petroleum. So no it is not a good middle ground. Why do you have to continue being an idiot?
Haha. I thought Petrol and Gasoline was doing fabulously :D Are you saying now that its not a good thing to be dependent on?

Giancarlo said:
Actually it did matter to the Russians, hence why they took such great interests in Cuba's economy for example. They pumped tens of billions into Cuba and nothing really turned out the way they wanted. The resources they had were not great enough. Americans would of outlasted the USSR twenty to one.
I'm not sure what you're talking about now :D Tens of Billions of what? Milligrams of Gold?

You're saying the Resources of America are greater than those of Russia?

Haha. He didn't deny those facts :D He merely said Russia won Space Race - that is true... America finished it - 6 to 1 to the Russians sounds to me like a Russian Victory?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha. I thought Petrol and Gasoline was doing fabulously :D Are you saying now that its not a good thing to be dependent on?

Yeah tell that to Saudi Arabia when petroleum was $8 dollars a barrel. Just wait when that happens again. You know what can happen? What if the bottom falls out of the market? What happens to an oil based economy exactly?

You're saying the Resources of America are greater than those of Russia?

Not petroleum wise, but in other things yes. Such as agriculture.

Haha. He didn't deny those facts :D He merely said Russia won Space Race - that is true... America finished it - 6 to 1 to the Russians sounds to me like a Russian Victory?

Russia didn't win the space race. It was outcompeted in various things. And 6 to 1 is a victory in your pathetic mind.. because you don't consider that 1 outweighs all six, and the fact is America had comebacks after Russia won a few initial victories. Russia fell behind and its space program went into disarray in the 80s.

Giancarlo said:
Yeah tell that to Saudi Arabia when petroleum was $8 dollars a barrel. Just wait when that happens again. You know what can happen? What if the bottom falls out of the market? What happens to an oil based economy exactly?
It dies. But I was under the impression from you there is no end to the Oil Market. When it finishes by drying up the earth we'll just make it ourselves :D

Giancarlo said:
Not petroleum wise, but in other things yes. Such as agriculture.
Have you not seen the Ukraine and Belorussia? Then everything in Shadow of the Urals. Given the chance; there is more agriculture there than in America - and even as it is; there's more than is required by Russians.

Giancarlo said:
Russia didn't win the space race. It was outcompeted in various things. And 6 to 1 is a victory in your pathetic mind.. because you don't consider that 1 outweighs all six, and the fact is America had comebacks after Russia won a few initial victories. Russia fell behind and its space program went into disarray in the 80s.
Well the American Programs did nothing more than get a Man on the Moon, America had no comebacks - just a continuation of the only thing they beat the Russians to. Landing a Man on the Moon does not beat the other 6 things because without the other 6, the man on the moon would not have happened. Without the Russians having done those things - the Americans wouldn't have considered, let alone put so much money into trying to get a man on the Moon.

you dont belive it was me that put it there!! it was! It was me! plus, amd zen belives in a higher power, I dont! Im not religious, or anything!

Lord Kalthorn said:
It dies. But I was under the impression from you there is no end to the Oil Market. When it finishes by drying up the earth we'll just make it ourselves :D

Well you see why it is good not to base an economy of petroleum then? The United Arab Emirates for example has enough oil to last another 100 years, but they are switching their economy to high tech and establishing itself as a trading center.

Have you not seen the Ukraine and Belorussia? Then everything in Shadow of the Urals. Given the chance; there is more agriculture there than in America - and even as it is; there's more than is required by Russians.

Not quite. We have better technology and better weather.

Well the American Programs did nothing more than get a Man on the Moon, America had no comebacks - just a continuation of the only thing they beat the Russians to. Landing a Man on the Moon does not beat the other 6 things because without the other 6, the man on the moon would not have happened. Without the Russians having done those things - the Americans wouldn't have considered, let alone put so much money into trying to get a man on the Moon.

America made plenty of comebacks.. after the Russians put someone in space, we did. After the russians got a satellite, we got better ones up there. We did better because we have better technology (and the bulk of scientists that were originally from Germany).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom