Which 4x AGP Graphics Card?

playaz

Baseband Member
Which Low Profile 4x AGP Graphics Card?

Hi guys,

I am in desperate need of a new AGP 4x Graphics card for my PC. Due to my PC size, I can only use a 'Low-Profile' AGP Card. I don't play the latest games but would still like the best possible card for my machine.

I have done some research, one man facturer 'Club 3D' have the following Low-Profiles AGP Cards I'm interested in :
â–  GeForce FX5200 - 128MB (DX9.0)
â–  Radeon 9250 - 128MB (DX8.1)
â–  Radeon 9250 - 256MB (DX8.1)
â–  Radeon 9550SE - 128MB (DX9.0)
â–  Volari V3 XT - 128MB (DX9.0)

I am unsure of which card is the best, and if they all use an 4x AGP Interface.
Which card does everyone recommend I purchase?

I'm currently playing UT, UT2004, Half-Life & Battlefield 1942.

Thanks again.

P.S. Is there a huge difference in an AGP card that supports DirectX9 and one that only supports DX8.1?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Update...
I've also found this low profile card :
â–  PowerColor ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128MB (DX9.0)
(I've included it in the latter post)

I've also found another Radeon card by 'PowerColor':-
ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128MB

Would anyone recommend this over the others?

9600se..although se pretty much means "shitty edition" but its probably the best you can do. what do you mean by "Due to my PC size, I can only use a 'Low-Profile' AGP Card."? you talking like you need a laptop card or something?

money_man said:
9600se..although se pretty much means "shitty edition" but its probably the best you can do. what do you mean by "Due to my PC size, I can only use a 'Low-Profile' AGP Card."? you talking like you need a laptop card or something?
Sorry, I have an HP Compaq Evo D510 - this is a small form factor machine and only allows for a 'half-height' AGP Card.

This is computer I own - http://tinyurl.com/2e46v

actually thats a very nice computer case..for a stock one. yea i see your problem now, i thought u meant like a mini atx tower. yup that 9600se is probably the best you can do, although i dont know what this card is like so this could be better

" Volari V3 XT - 128MB (DX9.0)"

playaz said:
â–  Radeon X300 - 128MB (DX9.0)
â–  Radeon X300SE - 128MB (DX9.0)
Just realised both of these cards are the PCI-Express format and are not compatible for my machine even though they are both low profile. Therefore I've omitted them both from the original post as to not confuse others.

P.S I wonder when the 512Mb Cards are released! Hopefully I'll have a decent low profile card by the time that happens! :)

I currently have a geforce fx 5200 128mb and it runs all those games just fine, but if I were you I would go with the 9600 :p

Back
Top Bottom