Gasoline Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuel expensive in america??

so you pay $2.60 a gallon (~4 litres)

we pay £0.89 a litre

thats $1.59 a litre, ($6.36 a gallon)

thankfully I have a small car and manage to go about 450 miles on just one tank of diesel, (which cost me £30)... (roughly 70 miles to the gallon)

It is not true that all british/European people have small cars my father for instance has a land rover whih will only do 25 - 30 milles to the gallon...

a guy I used to work with had a cherokee that would only do 12 - 20 milles to the gallon...

all you people who are complaining of high prices in the US are moaning over nothing... your fuel is cheap ad plentifull...

and if it ever looks lie it might stop being that way your government will bomb the shit out of a smaller country to perpetuate your cheap plentiful oil for a litle longer...

(that was a joke by the way)

Thanks root. I get pissed when I hear people crying about high gas prices here. I just bring up the facts about Europe to some of my friends. I talked with my mom and I think she said gas was E1.10/liter for regular in Italy... that's about 4.40 Euros.. oh just about $5.70 USD/gallon.

Oh and if anybody needs a currency convertor when people speak of different currency:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

airiox said:

LOL we embargo virtually every major beef producing country except Argentina. And its not Bush's fault. Blame all Americans. Take a poll and you will find that the majority of Americans agree with the embargo of foriegn beef.

Well then screw you all, let our beef past the border and if you think your gonna die from it don't buy it.

Giancarlo said:
It has been said it could be possible some oil can be found in places where there were no remains from animals and other things. By naturally occurring elements. Well since you are too ignorant in your own delusions I don't think you'll ever see this.
There's only ever going to be so much of it even that way; and if it was ever reproduced it would be impossible to stop people doing it. If that were to happen even I would fear environmental problems with it. If you start trying to make Oil you're going to be taking nice things; like Carbon and such, and turning them into things we just plain don't want.

Giancarlo said:
You are wrong and always wrong. So that's your own problem. You are not smart enough to continue this argument with any decency. You are just horrifically bad and not smart enough. That's not my fault. I'm a master debator here and I'm stating this with my credibility on the line. You are incompetent, inept and too young to make comments on real world issues.
Well then by all means point out, Master Debator where I was wrong? :D A Master Debator would not throw a Trash comment in and give up.

Giancarlo said:
And invalid safety issues? can you use a god damn source or is that too much to ask of your simple mind? I unlike you provided sources. Simply chemistry. You crash a hydrogen car... you blow up half a city block.
That is completely dependent on how much hydrogen you're carrying; people stop to refill their cars every hundred or so miles. In a Hundred Miles you're not going to used up even the water in a pot of tea; consdering every water molecule turns into two hydrogen ones, an oxygen and an extra electron to power your car. That's not enough Hydrogen to blow up the entire car; even if the Hydrogen blows up. Petrol blows up; its not as if its hard to keep things from catching a spark; they do it with Petrol already.

Why the devil don't Americans want Canadian Beef?

Lord Kalthorn said:
There's only ever going to be so much of it even that way; and if it was ever reproduced it would be impossible to stop people doing it. If that were to happen even I would fear environmental problems with it. If you start trying to make Oil you're going to be taking nice things; like Carbon and such, and turning them into things we just plain don't want.

Well there are some things I'll say about this, and I almost want to attack you personally but I don't think I will. But here is the problems with your line of thinking: I have no problem with safe energy. That's why I support nuclear power. I think we should ditch oil power plants, and switch to nuclear 100%. The US has to modify one law that says we can't recycle nuclear waste. I hate the French, but they do one thing right by converting waste products into glass (or some element of it that is non-toxic).

That is completely dependent on how much hydrogen you're carrying; people stop to refill their cars every hundred or so miles. In a Hundred Miles you're not going to used up even the water in a pot of tea; consdering every water molecule turns into two hydrogen ones, an oxygen and an extra electron to power your car. That's not enough Hydrogen to blow up the entire car; even if the Hydrogen blows up. Petrol blows up; its not as if its hard to keep things from catching a spark; they do it with Petrol already.

Why the devil don't Americans want Canadian Beef?

Actually it doesn't depend on it. If you ever worked with hydrogen you can realize that a very small amount of it can be very dangerous if it is not in a proper containment. So really, understand the facts and stop spewing out of your ass.

Giancarlo said:
Well there are some things I'll say about this, and I almost want to attack you personally but I don't think I will. But here is the problems with your line of thinking: I have no problem with safe energy. That's why I support nuclear power. I think we should ditch oil power plants, and switch to nuclear 100%. The US has to modify one law that says we can't recycle nuclear waste. I hate the French, but they do one thing right by converting waste products into glass (or some element of it that is non-toxic).
We don't need Nuclear waste :D Or Oil. Or glass for that matter. We need money in the Tocomac Program at Oxford :p
Giancarlo said:
Actually it doesn't depend on it. If you ever worked with hydrogen you can realize that a very small amount of it can be very dangerous if it is not in a proper containment. So really, understand the facts and stop spewing out of your ass.
Haha; it does depend how much there is :D If you have a little experiment; you're more than happy to light a splint and pop the Hydrogen coming off. I personally find it fun :D If you have a Gallon's Worth in your Car you wouldn't do that - but it also needs a spark to be dangerous. You hit another car; a plastic container will bend, but no sparks will be created. The Hydrogen will take the impact a whole lot better than Petrol would, considering that Hydrogen is a Gas and is happy enough compact.

If you've got the two or three Gallons worth you're thinking about in the old Hydrogen Cars at Liquid Temperatures - that is dangerous and as you said; it would take out most of the road and building fronts without even being sparked, just a cut or a dent in a few layers of the insulation would have it expanding faster than the hydrogen could catch the sparks from the metal spewing out. The two Hydrogen Cars work on different principles - in fact the safe modern one doesn't use Hydrogen, it merely stores what it makes. It stores Water.

Lord Kalthorn said:
We don't need Nuclear waste :D Or Oil. Or glass for that matter. We need money in the Tocomac Program at Oxford :pHaha; it does depend how much there is :D

Screw oxford and elitist a-holes. I say we should go for nuclear power.

I :D If you have a Gallon's Worth in your Car you wouldn't do that - but it also needs a spark to be dangerous. You hit another car; a plastic container will bend, but no sparks will be created. The Hydrogen will take the impact a whole lot better than Petrol would, considering that Hydrogen is a Gas and is happy enough compact.

Take a lighter. Leave it in a car. The plastic will crack as expansion takes place. That is the same thing that will happen to the plastic. If the car is running and something happens like that with a lighter, it will explode. It has to do with expansion. That simple. Anybody who understands basic chemistry can understand that.

I The two Hydrogen Cars work on different principles - in fact the safe modern one doesn't use Hydrogen, it merely stores what it makes. It stores Water.

The two hydrogen cars are not safe, according to my chemistry professor who happens to have a PhD. The same thing is confirmed by several scientists and the federal government. Who am I supposed to believe? some moron on a forum who never provides any sources.. or the US government, my chemistry professor, and a substantial amount of scientists?

Giancarlo said:
Screw oxford and elitist a-holes. I say we should go for nuclear power.
The person who thinks Hydrogen Cars are dangerous is recommending the most dangerous Force on earth as 100% of how we get power? Tocomac Fusion is in no way dangerous. If it stops - it stops; nothing blows up, nothing needs to be done. You stop it for a few days and there's not even a radioactive residue. You start it up and its making power again. You stop a Nuclear Power Plant... its not fun.

Giancarlo said:
Take a lighter. Leave it in a car. The plastic will crack as expansion takes place. That is the same thing that will happen to the plastic. If the car is running and something happens like that with a lighter, it will explode. It has to do with expansion. That simple. Anybody who understands basic chemistry can understand that.
Hydrogen expansion is vast it has to be said but still; there is no heat made from an Electric Car. A Lighter in the Cab is not going to be a risk to a tank in the back or front. Outside Temperature is the bigger problem and so long as the Tank is a nice Fibre Glass Type Setup its not going to crack when it expands. Its not going to be cheap arse plastic from lunch boxes :p

Giancarlo said:
The two hydrogen cars are not safe, according to my chemistry professor who happens to have a PhD. The same thing is confirmed by several scientists and the federal government. Who am I supposed to believe? some moron on a forum who never provides any sources.. or the US government, my chemistry professor, and a substantial amount of scientists?
Well then their definition of safe is different to mine. I'd be more cautious over the price if they were made now. They need to be updated and upgraded and made cheaper - along with actual places to refuel and release the Hydrogen to be recycled.

Lord Kalthorn said:
The person who thinks Hydrogen Cars are dangerous is recommending the most dangerous Force on earth as 100% of how we get power? Tocomac Fusion is in no way dangerous. If it stops - it stops; nothing blows up, nothing needs to be done. You stop it for a few days and there's not even a radioactive residue. You start it up and its making power again. You stop a Nuclear Power Plant... its not fun.

I say we cancel tocomac fusion. And pursue nuclear energy as it is in our reach. We should totally cancel all research into tocomac fusion as well. Nuclear power can be extremely safe and very clean if done properly.

Hydrogen expansion is vast it has to be said but still; there is no heat made from an Electric Car. A Lighter in the Cab is not going to be a risk to a tank in the back or front. Outside Temperature is the bigger problem and so long as the Tank is a nice Fibre Glass Type Setup its not going to crack when it expands. Its not going to be cheap arse plastic from lunch boxes :p

I'm not talking about an electric car, you idiot. A lighter on the dashboard of a car in high temperatures will crack, break and if there is a source, it may even go up in flames. If you had lighter that was encased in metal it could even crack. So nice try.

Giancarlo said:
I say we cancel tocomac fusion. And pursue nuclear energy as it is in our reach. We should totally cancel all research into tocomac fusion as well. Nuclear power can be extremely safe and very clean if done properly.
Clean does not mean not our problem :D How can something that is dangerous for thousands of years be clean? If we cancel everything out of our reach for now; we're not going to get anywhere... Tocomac Power isn't even that out of our reach. The Program I saw that talked about it, talked about it over 5 years ago - they talked of it running for long enough to create more power than it used; and then to go on to continuously pump out enough to power a large town. It went on for just less than a minute. The program specifically about it is 10 years old now - they had it up for 3 seconds at the time. I'd like to know what is happening with it now but its no where to be found.

The Americans have one, and the Japanese have one now. Not only the Elitist Oxford people anymore.

Giancarlo said:
I'm not talking about an electric car, you idiot. A lighter on the dashboard of a car in high temperatures will crack, break and if there is a source, it may even go up in flames. If you had lighter that was encased in metal it could even crack. So nice try.
Hydrogen Cars are Electric Cars; Hydrogen is merely the fuel which allows the Electric Car to not have to have a huge battery and recharge every few metres. A Lighter produces a great deal more heat than is ever going to happen on any journey in a Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom