Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care where your parents grew up in. I have done numerous reports on the area. In fact that area has been a focus of my studies. I can say I'm knowledgeable enough to have substantial weight.

pope.jpg

More weight than those who have lived there?

The Russians I thought actually pushed American into a seriously expensive race for an Atomic Plane :D When indeed they had no such project. The US outspent themselves too, if not by so much.

Outspending is not going to close down a country and give it a... hmm... I don't know what a backwards Revolution is but certainly a change of direction. Only the people can do that. An economy with more resources than any large group of countries is not going to care about Outspending; because money is not resources. The money is there and given no personal unrest it would merely have been made up for the next year or the next year. America was calling truces up all over the place; American didn't have the economical power to continue indefinantly like the Russians did - Americans were and always are after profit and there is no profit in building things purely for a war that nobody wants to happen; the Russian people weren't after profit, outdoing America was more important.

Haha! That's classic Root!

I know what I'm talking about. And I'm not about to have the word of some guy tell me otherwise. Let me tell you this, are his parents posting here?

The downfall of the Soviet Union was a step forward. But to what? More corruption? Putin isn't bad. But he's not great either.

American didn't have the economical power to continue indefinantly like the Russians did

To continue definitely? What are you? Some of kind of fool? How could of the Russians continud indefinitely? They were bankrupt by 1985. What is wrong with you LK? Do you intentionally make stupid comments? Because I'm sorry, it was all about money and profit. The Russians knew that. And they knew they couldn't continue when bankrupt... especially with that idiotic war they were running in Afghanistan. Go figure, we won in Afghanistan, established a government and then the Afghan people had elections.... in what? No time at all! The Russians spent 10 years floundering in Afghanistan.

I don't think the arms race / space race exactly helped either country...
I would say that any country which is massivly overspending, reppressnig its people and sending them to war on two diffreent fronts, is bound to fall over eventualy...

(Even though the cold war involved no fighting).

I don't think it could be specifically laid to any one action, least of all some speaches by the pope...

cerainly I think it would have been an amalgamation of many actions.

LK makes a fair point, a revolution cannot happen without the people, but Gian isright, a revolution could not have happened if the government had not been weakened by bankrupcy...

root said:
LK makes a fair point, a revolution cannot happen without the people, but Gian isright, a revolution could not have happened if the government had not been weakened by bankrupcy...
I imagine it would have cost a whole lot more lives to stop the Communist Rule had they had more resources at the time not caught up in other things but everybody was the group that wanted it finished - the Army was made up by the people because of the simple structure. Most of the army; the Communists given the power to try and stop it, would have not gone along with it. The KGB wouldn't have been able to stop it by itself.

Its possible however, without being weakened by lack of resources for the people that the people wouldn't have been annoyed by the living conditions. Can't really blame that on Americans though - Stalin's Five Year plans could have happily pushed living conditions in Russia up considerably, his last one, the one that started in 1939 being completely based on building better housing and living conditions. Had that been able to continue until his death the USSR would have been in a far better position.

Giancarlo said:
I know what I'm talking about. And I'm not about to have the word of some guy tell me otherwise. Let me tell you this, are his parents posting here?
Even if they were; would you believe them? Its not as if the word of Rakedog is not worth anything.

Giancarlo said:
The downfall of the Soviet Union was a step forward. But to what? More corruption? Putin isn't bad. But he's not great either.
I think what Russia has now is a good middle ground instead of pure Americanisation. You can't stop the corruption that they had instantly; but replacing it with the American Corruption you'd like instead isn't going to help at all. It's a nice mix between the Democracy we try and have and the New Economic Policy Lenin wanted.

Giancarlo said:
To continue definitely? What are you? Some of kind of fool? How could of the Russians continud indefinitely? They were bankrupt by 1985. What is wrong with you LK? Do you intentionally make stupid comments? Because I'm sorry, it was all about money and profit. The Russians knew that. And they knew they couldn't continue when bankrupt... especially with that idiotic war they were running in Afghanistan. Go figure, we won in Afghanistan, established a government and then the Afghan people had elections.... in what? No time at all! The Russians spent 10 years floundering in Afghanistan.
Bankrupt is a relative term; the amount of Money Russia had is superfluous, it only mattered because they fell into Capitalist Democracy afterwards. The Resources they did have were more than enough to continue regardless of monetary situations for hundreds of years. Not everything is about Profit.

Who knows what the Americans, and British and other UN forces, not purely Americans would have had to face in Afghanistan had the Russians not spent 10 years floundering.

I'm not religious, nor did I put any weight on it.

He was just another old guy who died of old age to me.

people shouldnt morn deaths like that. the pope really didnt do anything for them personally.

Idols are a stupid thing to have. all it does is create insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom