some help

craziness1621

Baseband Member
I just recently bought a new motherboard for my desktop computer its a DFI KT600-AL I have an amd semprom and it says in the manual i need a amd athlon or duron...so yea i know that i need to get a new cpu, if that cpu can't work in it then will that stop it from booting or could it work or whats going on. It wont recognise the video card or boot up so im hoping that is the problem. Also i have a 300 or 350W power supply but it won't work on my motherboard either it doesn't even turn it on what could be the prob? Can it not handle it or what? Thank you for your time any of ur help will be appreciated.

it could be that your psu cant handle the things, depending on wot sort of video card RAm etc you have. dont see hwy the mobo ont take the video card...maybe buy a new cpu and then see what happens.

Quote: I have an amd semprom and it says in the manual i need a amd athlon or duron...so yea i know that i need to get a new cpu...

Bottom line is the mother board does NOT support that cpu chip.
And yes it will NOT even boot without the cpu chip being installed. It will sit there dumb as dirt...

yea i just bought the new cpu now about the power supply shouldn't it work on it? or do i have to get a new one?

yes 300watts will get you nowhere, dell uses 250s standard and it chokes your pc like I wana choke some hillbilly tenneseeans!

athlon64fx said:
yes 300watts will get you nowhere, dell uses 250s standard and it chokes your pc like I wana choke some hillbilly tenneseeans!

Nice analogy, my friend. :D

Well. if you're thinking about buying that, then don't. If you already have it, then you might could use it, though it is somewhat weak. If you're going to buy one, though, get a better one, like 450 watts and up. Make sure you don't get a really cheap one, though, as most of them are more likely to have voltage spikes. Voltage spikes are really, really bad... :D

i have the 350W but it won't power up it last for like 15 sec if that and dies. What could be the prob

the mobo could be dead. Thats what happened to me once. it powers up and then after a little bit it dies.

Back
Top Bottom