? for building a new pc

I think he needs to specify what is the cause of the computer.
I mean gaming, programming or just for surfing .. ?

I disagree 99nasha. Putting it together is actually quite easy, just screw the motherboard in, stick everything else in, connect some wires and away you go. It's making sure the parts are right for you which is the hard bit.

dbone, I'm actually making a website on own build computers, and one of the things which will be on it is good brands, bad brands and how to guides. I'm half way through the brands, so I'll let you know when it's up and running.

Thanks everyone. So to set it straight, I will not be doing a lot of gaming. This is more or less a learning experience. I don't want to throw together a pc that will be useless, but I can't spend 3000 bucks on it. I am sure most everyone has learned all their pc knowledge from just jumping in and trying, that's what I intend doing. Thanks again. Keep me informed. Last question...since this will not be used for gaming, what do you suggest for the processor?

Trouble shooting is the best part. That is how you start to learn how everything pulls together and the slightest problems that exist :)

needforspeed said:
I disagree 99nasha. Putting it together is actually quite easy, just screw the motherboard in, stick everything else in, connect some wires and away you go. It's making sure the parts are right for you which is the hard bit.

yeh i agree...i spent weeks and weeks deciding on a new motherboard etc, and then i'd change ym mind about 3 times before finally settling on one. building it was easy, you just gotta make sure you do it neatly and take you time cus you wunt wanna break a valuable part in the process or setting it up...

yes i was going back adn forth between abit fatality or neo 4 platinum. AGP or SLI or PCI-EX. i went back and forth at least 15 times in 1 month before i finally just said thats it SLI for me

well www.mysuperpc.com is out of date and is pretty much going to be totally out of date in six months if he dosen't update it soon. A good way of preventing static is to get a bit of conducting wire and hook it to something metal on ya vid card or whatever you are handling and attach the other put around your wrist. It worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom