Gasoline Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheeseman222 said:
I'm from Alberta and it's just kind of evening out from Bush stopping all our beef from getting past the border, if he opened that up then we'd be booming.

No thanks I prefer not to have mad cow disease. And this embargo on canadian beef dates back before bush.

Giancarlo said:
Car manufacturers are being allowed to produce technology that would maintain hydrogen as viable. Hydrogen cars are not safe and have been deemed unsafe by the federal government. I also never said none exist. Clearly they do, however they are very dangerous if you get into an accident. you are speaking falsely. Here are some sources:

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/4734175641885042/

LOL like that is an opinion website LOL. Nice source. :rolleyes:

This is wrong because most of America's fuel is refined in the middle east. Why? Because most of America's refineries are 25 years old+. Same thing goes with Europe. And it moreso has to do with taxes, not because of a supposed inferior refinery network (which is debateable).

Again wrong. Each individual state/region in the US has their own gasoline standards. Thus refining it oversees would be pointless. Maybe you should looke up you facts before you respond.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/brochure/gas04/gasoline.htm

"In 2003, United States refineries produced over 90 percent of the gasoline used in the United States"

Hmmm owned. LOL

airiox said:

LOL like that is an opinion website LOL. Nice source. :rolleyes:

The source cites the US government.

Again wrong. Each individual state/region in the US has their own gasoline standards. Thus refining it oversees would be pointless. Maybe you should looke up you facts before you respond.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/brochure/gas04/gasoline.htm

"In 2003, United States refineries produced over 90 percent of the gasoline used in the United States"

Hmmm owned. LOL

Well ok I'll give you that one, but I'll own you back as I typically do...

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0325/p02s01-usgn.html

I was right about the age.

"They require annual or semiannual inspection and maintenance, but the newest are at least 25 years old - brought online during the oil boom of the mid-1970s. Many are even older. The BP plant, for instance, began operating as an oil refinery in 1934 under another owner."

These refineries are ancient.

YOU GOT PWNED!

This is for Albertans.. Shell and Exxon Mobil have already begun extraction..

http://www.energybulletin.net/4385.html

"Canada's tar sands may get $48 billion of investment by 2012, according to Canada's National Energy Board, double the amount spent in the decade ending in 2003. As part of that, Imperial Oil Ltd., controlled by Exxon, said in November it may pay $6.5 billion to double its capacity to produce oil from tar sands.

For investors, oil sands have been a better bet than the best- known oil companies. Canadian Oil Sands Trust, which invests only in the Albertan mining projects, is up 67 percent in the past year. BP shares during that time are up 34 percent in London and Exxon Mobil, based in Irving, Texas, gained 39 percent in New York.

Current spending plans show Canada's oil sands may produce 2 million barrels a day by 2015, more than Iraq today, crude worth $29.2 billion of revenue a year at oil prices of $40 a barrel."

"Making Canada's oil sands viable would ease demand for crude from Saudi Arabia and other suppliers, Odell said. Alberta's oil sands deposits contain 174.5 billion barrels of reserves, according to the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board. That total is two-thirds of Saudi Arabia's proven reserves of 262 billion barrels."

Giancarlo said:
This is for Albertans.. Shell and Exxon Mobil have already begun extraction..

Current spending plans show Canada's oil sands may produce 2 million barrels a day by 2015, more than Iraq today, crude worth $29.2 billion of revenue a year at oil prices of $40 a barrel."

holy crap right now barrel are at $58.00 thats alot more money for them. i wish i could get in on this deal, although shell isnt as big as they once where, we have like 1 shell station in Halifax, Nova Scotia and thats it. we used to have like 40 or more but Irving and Ultramar bought them out

yes I knew there hasnt been a refinerey built in quite some time and that is also why oil prices are through the roof. There isnt enough of them and these refineries are constantly upgrading to meet the latest government standards.

And that opinion article you submitted is just opinion. Doesnt matter if it cites any source since. A creditable news organization doesnt write first person. And I cant read the full article cuz that "read" link is broken

airiox said:
Like Once I have the money like Acura pwns. So like hybrid cars are pretty ghey.

Anyways I spend $35 a week on gas its getting ridiculous. For the first time in my life gas has breached teh $2 mark. I can still remember the days when gas was only 99 cents a gallon.

Anyways these gas prices are crap we should revolt or something. It is driven up mainly because fear mongers saying that we are running out of oil supply which is a total crock. Many reports say that the earth has enough oil to last us for the next 10,000 years. Most of it is in the oceans though.

Also like the car companies are in bed with the oil companies. Its fact that their exist carburators that will give you 100 mpg and that there are many other simple methods that upgrade your mpg but stupid car people are just being ghey and wont give us cars like that. They just make things efficient enough to pass standards but dont strive any further since they dont have to.

Then why the crap dont we have hydrogen cars. The technology exists. Bush gave out billions of dollars to get hydrogen fuel rolling. All we have is a few lousy cars with this technology.

Who know maybe youll just have to get your car converted to natural gas but the problem with that is that there is only select stations that carry natural gas.

Then their is ethanol. Why havent we converted to this stuff 100%? Gas cars can run this stuff fine. It does reduce the life of the engine but car companies can make cars so that they are designed specifically for ethanol. There is a unlimited supply of ethanol all you do is have to grow more beens. Then the government can stop paying farmers to not grow and they will start growing bean to make ethanol.

Anyways thats my rant for the day.

aint that the damn truth!

airiox said:

No thanks I prefer not to have mad cow disease. And this embargo on canadian beef dates back before bush.

We have had one case recently. one single case and bush won't open the border. that's one of our main industrys. that's like not letting canadian cars past the border because the could hit people. And ask Alvino or a lot of other people worldwide. Alberta beef PWNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom