Memtest86 general question

kvneedshelp

Beta member
I recently used memtest86 on my ram and got 7 errors. I was just wondering if I should be worried. My computer's been crashing ever since I built it about a month ago, but only when I'm gaming and I'm trying to figure out my problem.

So really my question is, for those who have ran memtest86, how many errors did you get in one complete pass?

If you could include the brand name and size of your ram that would help also.

How did you get it to work??? I downloaded it, extracted it and put it on a disc. When I booted up though, windows booted up like normal. How did you get it to work?

have u done any custom settings or overclocking if not i suggest relaxing your timmings or giving the ram higher voltage or lower the frezuincy it runs at either by seting a divider or lowering your fsb

OK well that sorta helped, but it still didn't work, can you just give me a straight up clarification on what files you were burning to the disc? Cuz I mean I have extracted the iso to a folder called boot with the img and another file called boot and everytime I burn those files it doesn't work. Are you burning ONLY the img or what cuz this is starting to annoy me now cuz I really need to use it. Thanks.

u dont extract iso's u burn them straight to cds i think if you dont have a program that can do that theres something called alcohol 120 u can get it at download.com i believe

OK, well I tried that to and it didn't work. I downloaded the iso and then used nero to burn it to a disc and it wouldn't load up from boot. So I have no idea what to do.

If you have nero, first make sure its upgraded to the newest version since older versions of nero didn't burn images correctly. Then download and unzip the Memtest86 v3.2 ISO image .zip file from the Memtest website. There should only be a memtest86-3.2.iso file after it is unzipped.

After you've done that, open up Nero StartSmart. From there, go to the "Copy and Backup menu".(Icon has two disks and a safe). From there, click on "Burn image to Disk". Find where you unzipped the .iso image and open it. Choose your write setting and click next a few times and your set to go. Also, if it helps, I used CD-R media to burn the disc.

Back
Top Bottom