What are some Upgrades I should make on my comp

and then ask for money on Christmas (as I usually do) and Buy w/e I want after that, and my Birfday is Jan. 3rd so a week after Christmas I GET MORE MONEY! HAHAHAHAHA, The whole reason I want to do this, is because Im joining this Computer Club at my skool, and we usually get together online and play games, and their comps are so good, and my comp isn't and they play all the High Tech games. And I want to lauf and them!

Jamxx said:
Ah! Sounds nice. But, you don't really need to do that. Here's what I honestly would recommend. I would not get those things, but get yourself a nice graphics card (like the 6600 GT) because I think you'll see a greater performance increase. That's what I would do.

yes and then maybe some 1gb crucial ballistix!!!! then you'll be doing good

Well, then I would definitely get something like money_man said. Listen to him! He knows much more than me about computers... :D

well if he wants top grade stuff go Athlon64 but the athlon xp's are still amazing gaming cpu's. they usually do quite nicely. definitly new video though, hd is perfect, 1gb of some nice ram wouldnt be bad either. im tjust thinking about it with money in mind. although if you really wanna make the computer guys at school jealous...you should be a nice $200.00 case and then buy so many lights they'll think its x-mas!!!! doesnt matter how crappy a system, lights make people think its amazing

Here's something that may help you. Look at my system in my signature, and I'll tell you what I get in games. Here are a few that I play a lot:

Far Cry: 1280x1024, high settings (some very high), 50 FPS average.

Star Wars: Republic Commando: 1024x768, highest settings, 45 FPS average.

Tribes: Vengeance: 1280x1024, high settings, 45-55 FPS average.

Halo: 1280x1024, high settings, 45 FPS average.

Sacred: highest settings possible, have no idea what the FPS is but there is no lag whatsoever... :D

So, what do you think? :D Oh yeah... I'm good! :D

(Watch someone come out and say, "Hey! Those FPS ratings are terrible!"...)

actually iw ould have thought they would have been higher...but maybe not, oh well SLI will fix that problem, most peolpe only play on medium detail anyway

Back
Top Bottom