Gaming PC

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Hey guys I just wanted to know if my comp will hold put for a while.

P4 3.2gig ht 512kb cache
ATI Radeon 9600pro 128mb AGP gettin one of the new x800 series
1 gig dual channel ram 4 256's 184 pin 400mhz my mobo can hold 4gig
maxtor 200gig 7200rpm

I just want to be able to play the new battle feild 2 game and get a good FPS. I am planning to buy that new vid card when they go down in price. With my specs will I make a good gaming comp

check out my pc www.geocities.com/cargoslug88 and VOTE!!!

you should be all set for BF2 these are the min system requirements
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
-16x or faster CD/DVD drive
-933 MHZ Intel or comparable AMD
-2.0 GB of free space
-AGP video card with 64 MB + NVIDIA GeForce 3 or a ATI Radeon 8500
-256mb of RAM
-MS Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP

and BTW the BF2 release d8 currently is scheduled for JUNE 27th 2005! :D I cant wait for this game, my 6600gt is just drooling with anticipation to play this game:p

will it matter?

Will it matter if I upgrade my CPU to the new xt intel p4 3.4 gig? or will i best not waste the money.

Um do you really want to spend all that money for a proc that has the same speed rating, shure it may run faster, but I dont think the improvement would be worth spending that much.now if you had a celeron D then i would, but since you already have a P4 i wouldnt I would get some WD 10,000 rpm Raptor HD's instead, or maybe some more ram, and from a better company, like get some OCZ gold VX (mmm...tasty) or Mushkin pc-3200 special 2-2-2 edition (what aces has)
and BTW is that case you modded out from a gateway lol? it shure looks like it, good job m8 :D

hey...

Hey..... lol what u got against my GateWay.....lol It came stock all I did was add a led pci fan drill in a window and install a light with a fan and light controller man that was fun... and another 512 ram. does any one know about expansion ram? cuz I dont really want to get rid of my ram now and I like my 200gig lol.... will the 10000 be fater and improve game fps preformance?

hd wont improve game fps but your computer will run faster because the hd will find stuff faster. the average user would never notice, if your using teh stock micro atx mobo then if you get another one your system would probably run very fast. my brother's is a stock compaq mobo and 2400+ xp, and my friend is using a built computer with a 2200+ xp and he's beating him. that will get you more fps, although no more gateway case

Back
Top Bottom