Screen Wont Turn On!

ComputerWizard

In Runtime
I built a PIII system with some spare parts and no matter what i do no screen comes up when i turn it on! its a computer without a case but there is nothing to short it out with.. like the bios wont even work and put something on it.. It has a moniter port of the back why wont it turn on! do i need a vid card or something

PIII 733mhz
256mb of ram

no it doesnt but shouldnt the bios atleast pop something up on the screen? and for more detail, it has 2 ram slots. I think when there is 2 slots there has to be 2 rams in there. I believe it takes pc 100 or 133 but 133 is backwards compatible ( most of it)

anyways do i need to hook a cd drive and load windows Xp or 98 or 2000?

i don't think you need 2 ram chips because there is 2 slots. it might be that your mobo is fried but i don't know how to test that.

try resettin the bios. on ur mobo there should be a jumper to reset it. if u dont kno wich jumper it is there should be a batt so just pull that out for a few secs (after u unplug) and hen put it back. if this doesnt work then i dont kno

ok first try a video ca dnot the on boad try puting one in .. u don neeed xp on the hdd so it cna boot lol u intsall xp after u get ni bios and put BOOT FROM CD so it can boot xp and install and that screen that comes up is called POST iF ITS NOT POSTING WIHCH MEANS ITS NOT SHOWING ANYTHING THEN UR MOBO IS DEAD R.I.P. the only good way 2 power it up is on a box not on carpet floor.. etc..

i tried to the battery thing,, it was working awhile ago i ha dlinux installed then i transfered it to a different case and it never worked... so im not sure whats up

Back
Top Bottom