HL2 demo

you can have hl2 on both of them. you can log onto your acount anywhere and play it.

Having unnecessary programs!? What the hell are you talking about, steam is a great program, just not good for a friend's list thing. But hell ofcourse they aren't going to let you NOT register online, then everyone in the world can use the same cd and cd key, DUH!

"And what about those people who wanna play Half-Life 2 but don't have Internet Connection? What about them? or if u have 2 computers and u wanna have HL2 on both of them? what about it? I don't like Steam"

Gamers without internet connctions are uncommon, but I have seen it happen, unfortunatly if they cant access the net once, they cant play. As for installing it on multiple computers whats the problem? with Steam you can play any of your Valve games on any computer. in fact quite often while i'm over at my freinds house I log into my account on his bro's PC and we play a quick Half-Life 2 deathmach. No need to carry a disc.

Delta, please realize that you can just use the same account with HL2 on it on 2 different computers. I think there is a offline mode for steam also, don't jump to conclusions Delta.

steam is ok, it could be better(mainly the friends list) but other than that theres nothing wrong with it.

"Delta, please realize that you can just use the same account with HL2 on it on 2 different computers. I think there is a offline mode for steam also, don't jump to conclusions Delta."

Yes you can, unless your trying to say you can't run the game on two seperate systems at the same time, in which case you couldnt even with traditional methods, you can't run a game that needs a disc on two systems at the same time ether. In this case steam is no more a disadvantage than CD protection is. But as I said it is possible to use my same account on both my PC's, I do it all the time.

BanChan said:
Having unnecessary programs!? What the hell are you talking about, steam is a great program, just not good for a friend's list thing. But hell ofcourse they aren't going to let you NOT register online, then everyone in the world can use the same cd and cd key, DUH!

the friends list is good, when it works. I havent been able to connect to the friends network for weeks, that just sucks.

easy to make it better...#1 let people use the account info on 2 computers at the same time. I.E- let 2 people play CSS and teh same server with the same account name and password. #2 let the friends network do what its supposed to all the time. #3 when you quit steam applications steram should close with it instead of staying on the toolbar in the corner and lagging your computer

ta-da i just made it better

Back
Top Bottom