Opinions on this pc?

Needforspeed said:
Left is right, right is wrong. Which ways down? I wanna go up. Which is who? What's which? :D (BTW that's LK speaking normal:D)
I think you'll find the conversation went a little more like:

NFS: hi
LK: high
LK: hey
LK: who?
LK: whence
NFS: hey?
LK: hay
LK: horse
LK: moo
LK: cow
NFS: :D
NFS: venice
LK: baaa
LK: sheep
LK: lol
NFS: :D
LK: sinking
LK: venice
NFS: o ha ha
NFS: least amd are makin real dual-core spus
NFS: cpus*
LK: haha
LK: what's real
LK: who's real?
LK: where is up?
LK: what is down
NFS: stop makin me laugh:D
LK: left is right
LK: right is wrong
NFS: and right is up
NFS: lol
NFS: i see why u got intel
LK: whence is a car in the shed of tommorow
NFS: u were confused like u are now:D
LK: haha
LK: I don't have an intel
LK: and I'm never confused
LK: a Lord is never confused
LK: he's always as crazy as he means to be
NFS: nope ur never confused^o)
LK: nope
NFS: so how are u anywayNFS: apart from confused
LK: just like I'm never wrong
LK: a Lord is never wrong
LK: he tells to only what he means you to think he knows and means what he means when he means to tell you what he means

But yeah - that is a kick arse PC and 3DMark 05s and indeed PCMark 04s would be nice to see on it!

Then I nailed him about how crap dual-core Intels will be :D What a great convo... Anyway, the only problem with the rig is that it's P4 Prescott, and it's a P4. I might be able to stand it if you can get your hands on a Northwood and use one of them instead.

I'm sure you did... :cool: in a World where up is back and down is left turn at the next Petsmart.

You purely pointed out what I already knew from CNet weeks ago; the Intel Dual Cores will be two Intel Cores together instead of Technically Integrated. The difference is nothing between that and how AMD are doing it.

Some people use Computers for what they are actually built for. If you want a Games Console you'd buy a Games Console for a whole lot less.

Yeah, I already got a PS2 and now I'm going to get my sweet AMD system. Which will do what it is meant to do. Lots of things, that is.

Lord Kalthorn said:
The difference is nothing between that and how AMD are doing it.

There is a lot of difference between what they are doing and what AMD are doing. AMD are giving each chip 1MB L2 cache, or at least the Opterons (mmm 2MB L2 cache, which they will use privately, and then they interegrate after that. Intel have gone for the 'space-saving solution'. Basically, make them as small as possible and use lots of glue to stick them to a bit of cheap used silicon, and then sell it for very very high prices. Reminds me of the EE. :D

The Intels have 2Meg L2 Cache anyway :D And as you said; 'the Opterons at least' kind of makes me wonder whether the normal AMDs are even getting 1Meg each instead of 1Meg together :D The Maths kind of does that for us - 1Meg Each if indeed the normal AMDs get it and 2Meg together is actually the same amount of Cache but will also help with Programs, like Games, which aren't MultiThreaded and will fill up the first Processor, which on AMD will only have 1Meg Cache and Intel will have 2Meg and not listen to the second which on the AMD will have 1Meg of empty Cache. On Xeons its even more noticable; Dual Core Opterons according to you having 1Meg L2 Each - High End Xeons, still cheaper than Opterons having 8Meg Shared on a Dual Core or Quad Core Setup

In all technicality sticking the Cores together is what AMD have done; they've merely shared things too and Intel have done it in a less integrated way. Integration is useful; but only when Dual Threaded Programs are more common and until then 2Meg Shared Cache is better than 1Meg each.

Intels aren't sold for high Prices :D Intels are sold for what any company would sell them for. AMD sell them for low prices and it can only go on for so long.

Back
Top Bottom