My pc won't start

tamoran

Beta member
Hi, a while ago i built my pc, it has been great but now it won't start. At first it started to freeze within windows, which was annoying. then it started to freeze within startup, which was worse. but now it won't start at all. i turn the switch on, the processor fan goes, the hard drive spins, makes a "thinking" noise, but there is no beep and startup. i could leave it for hours and it wouldn't do anything. it was suggested that it was the graphics card as it wasn't "posting". so i took it out, put it back and then it worked, but then stopped working. i then got another graphics, which i knew worked but i have come to no avail. Any ideas? its been 3 weeks now.

do the fans come on real quick and then go off?

you might also have the power plugs to the motherboard not plugged in, correctly, or tightly.

the fans stay on, and the hard drive keeps spinning, and nothing loads, nothing appears to be recognised, the monitor does not switch on

hmm does ur front led light blink or anything? if it blinks then something must be pluged wrong so it wont do anythnig so ur mobo wont getf ried check 2 see if everything is pluged and/or nothing is loose cables/wires etc.. try ur ram in diffrent slots see if ur mobo is detecting the cpu ram etc... soem mobo's have that future but thats all i cna think off o and try clearing ur CMOS

the power light comes on, and i have unplugged and plugged all of the wires and cables. whats "cmos"?

read ur manual it shud say on ur mobo manual how 2 clear CMOS its a jumper pin near ur battery it shud point out a picture u just take the jumper and put it like on the other side and it might work but if u dont knwo which jumper then DO NOT DO IT!

Back
Top Bottom