computer powers on by it self?

hey everyone i just signed up for this forum im new.. i juts build my computer the other day amd athlon 64 3500+ msi k8n neo4 plantiunm sli mobo 1 gb of kingston value ram 6800 gt vid card and a good 550 watt psu when i turn my pc off afte a couple seonds it turns back on? i have checked the power managemtn in the bios the power on keyboard/mouse is disabled everythnig seems fine =/ but someitmes it turns on sometimes it doesent after powering it off i have checked my powe rcables 2 they look fine wat cud the issue be here? its kknd of scary. a pc turning on by it self

have you been on the internet at all with it? you could have gotten some spyware on your PC if you have been online. Some spyware can do that, but I dont think thats the case for you... scan your computer anyway just to make shure.

i already have scaned for viruses /spyware

im clean.. no spyware/viruses were found im using norton antivirus 2005 my case is kind of jammed th power rswitch is out so its just hanging out on my 5.25 drive bay but i dont see how that wud power on by it self?

there is no way spyware or a virus could be doing that

you may have an infared port on ur pc, older macintoshes had this and when you used a remote to turn ur tv on the mac would turn on also..so there might be something making it come on..or you could just have a cheap power supply

wai twat u mean infared port? i payed 100 buks for my psu there is nothing wrong with it ? its 550 wats with +12v at 28 amps

infared is like the technology the television uses to communicate with your remote control, you computer might have an infared port like your tv has and is getting the single from the remote to turn on or from something else.

yes, this happened with my macintosh, we would be using the remote and suddenly it would turn on by itself..hm i dunno its probaly inside ur case..but i doubtt that this is the problem

it also could be that you have the computer in the bios to "wake up for lan" or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom