IP adress

Every computer connected to the Internet has a unique identifier called an IP address. On many networks, the IP address of a computer is always the same. On other networks, a random IP address is assigned each time a computer connects to the network. This is what we are referring to when we ask if you have a static or a dynamic IP address. If a system uses dynamic addressing, the IP can change quite often.

My reply was not copied from any site. I breifly explained how diffrent IP assigining works. The example you posted that I apparently "copy and pasted" is not only siginificantly diffrent, its written in a compleatly diffrent context.

I sujest in future cobra you dont try and degrade the credibility of others just because none of your previous replys were acctualy relevent to reality.

Dont let the guy with no idea confuse you, I dont have the slightest idea what a "PCIP" is, simply because your PC has no IP, network harware attached to your system using the TCP/IP protocol (or simmilar) is assigned an IP address.

In general if you have a network behind a router your router has an IP address that is visable by anyone on the intenet and you have a seperate set of IP addresses for each system or device on the internal network.

Likewise if you have Dial up and a network adapter your system will have a Network IP and your Dial up (internet) IP address.

Both are independant and only the internet connection IP is relevent when dealing with internet matters.

Hope this helps explain things. :)

Back
Top Bottom