Random Restarting...

Bump.

Does anyone know anything about this PSU? It got good reviews, so I'm thinking about getting it.

It could be a virus, I got that problem on my old PC when I tried to install Windows XP it would give me an error, when not it would install it and then restart at random periods of time.
I would try to see if it's not something on your hardware that is not connected propperly or a virus before I did anything else, It seems like a pretty good Power Supply though, but I'm not an expert in power supplies so wait for someone else's opinion.

No, I don't have a virus. I've scanned recently and Norton didn't catch one. I'm thinking about getting a new power supply (that one above) though, just because I do have a lot of things running on it.

No, **** powmax, i had a 400 watt, on my computer and it blew out in 1 hour! It was my first build and i got scared, but for PSU the companies are!

Antec, Thermaltake, and Allied! Of course there is a couple more, but you should get one of those. I HOPE that is your problem....

hmmmmm... I have OCZ modstream's, one in each of my comps, one 420w and one 520w (at least I think it's a 520). but anyway, Powmax for me hasnt been very reliable, i've used two of the 400watt demons before and they burnt out within a week of getting them...... but OCZ Pwns.
also check the rating on your current PSU, you may have enough watts, but maybe your PSU is unstable, and the Rails are changing (Basically power currents in PSU) but there should be a sticker on the PSU, it should give it's information, look for a thing that Say's +12v. immediatley after the +12v thing you should see a comma then a number with an A on it, so it should look like this. (+12v, @21A) 21A is just an example.... but anyway, most good PSU's should have at LEAST a 19A rating (in my opinion). also some brands just plain stink with PSu's. like powmax for example. it may have A high +12v Line rating, but it's a lousy PSU maker (some of their casses are nice though).

Okay.

I just checked on my power supply. Mine has 18A, so that's not good. Do you think that this could be causing some of my problems? Here's what I have hooked up to the PSU right now. By the way, my computer just restarted a few minutes ago, but it had been on standby (after the screen-saver goes off and the monitor goes to standby) for about three hours. I moved the mouse, double-clicked on Firefox, and it restarted. I didn't get the error report this time, though.

I'm guessing that this could very well be the problem.

Can anyone recommend a good power supply? I really don't know what to look for, so I need some help picking out a new one (assuming that this is probably my problem).

Thanks, and sorry for the double-post.

Back
Top Bottom